• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bring me your used motor oil

4ward

NAXJA Forum User
Seriously. I've got a waste oil furnace in my uninsulated barn that is uber thirsty (100 gallons a week). It'll burn motor, tranny, hydraulic, etc. So if you've got some collecting in the garage, bring it out and help me stay warm please. I'll bring a barrel to pour it in if you want to keep your container/s or I can take them and dispose of them improperly.

What about diff fluid? What about containers that might contain diff and motor oil mixed together or does it matter? Don't think it does, but if I do bring mine, would want you to know,etc.

I'm hashing that out right now. My friend's gf wouldn't sign pre nup..so no wedding so no bachlor party :hang: so...I'm open, at least for Saturday. Can I just show up with $$$ in hand Saturday or what do you recommend? (I'm trying to catch up on the threads but if you know the skinny on what's the best thing to do at this late date, I'm all ears.) Do I need to WEB REGISTER and then bring money or just show up with money?

I can burn diff oil and it doesn't matter if it's mixed cuz it all gets mixed in my 300 gal. tank.

What about oily discharge?

12.gif

(ducks...then runs away snickering....)

Every little bit helps. At 1.8 gallons/hour I'll take anything and everything. We didn't get it setup until December so I didn't stockpile any over the summer. Next year will hopefully be different.

Thanks to everyone that brings fluids that aren't of a bodily nature.

I think I have enough for 4 or so hours. Some of it's even been to Moab :D

Shoulda posted a few months ago... I've schlepped several bottles to the recycling center twice in recent months. I'm gonna change the Sub's oil this weekend though, so I'll bring whatever I have.

OneTonXJ said:
Seriously. I've got a waste oil furnace in my uninsulated barn that is uber thirsty (100 gallons a week). It'll burn motor, tranny, hydraulic, etc. So if you've got some collecting in the garage, bring it out and help me stay warm please. I'll bring a barrel to pour it in if you want to keep your container/s or I can take them and dispose of them improperly.

Are you going to have enough room to take a 55 gal. barrel with you? It might be half full. JIM.

ILLXJ said:
Are you going to have enough room to take a 55 gal. barrel with you? It might be half full. JIM.

Yep, and I'm going to bring one in the back of the truck if people want to keep whatever containers they have. It's looking like I might get a full weeks worth of heat out of you folks, good job!

I have about 9 gallons but I am not coming until sunday morning. Will you still be there?

Back