• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pictures

XJ AV8R

NAXJA Forum User
I just started a new blog a few months ago and put some pictures of Tahuya up yesterday. There isn't much on it but I thought some of you might be interested. More to come in a while though! We are planning on doing Evans Creek in the spring and Naches this summer. Tahuya was a lot of fun, particularly the south loop. There was a lot of standing water as usual but some of the trails had been washed out by what looked to be a lot of flowing water. The last two pictures show where I left chunks of my fender flares behind. It was dark so we didn't get many pictures of the south loop...maybe next time!

www.xjav8r.blogspot.com
AX-15 5 Speed
NP 231
3" Skyjacker Lift
YJ front brake lines
JKS quicker disconnects
31" BFG Mud Terrain KM
A host of junkyard parts...including complete factory skid plates for $25!

Looks like you had fun. I was up ther a few months ago trying out the jeep for the first time since being locked front and rear. i definatly didn't use my gas pedal as much. I see you are from tumwater? Not sure i've seen you around.

Here are a few of my trip. someome else had the camera so not many of me.

belfair073.jpg

belfair072.jpg

belfair040.jpg

and one from the past.

100_3184.jpg

Blkxjkrawler said:
Jamezzz-
Where the hell you been?
-Ryan

When i figure out i'll let you know....................

Yes mojojojo, that rubi is sweet. It's my good buddies '08 and he's got it decked out. I got him excited about wheelin' when we went out a couple of times. He has a lot deeper pockets than me so his eclipses my XJ in performance...by far! Unfortunately he should have also purchased a snorkle. He was playing around today at a local 'mud puddle' and hydro-locked the motor. Oops. Unlike me, he doesn't do any work on the Jeep himself so we will hear what the carnage is by tomorrow afternoon from the mechanic. Unfortunately I wasn't around to help out this time. Hopefully he gets lucky and didn't bend a connecting rod. If the damage isn't catastrophic (otherwise this won't be funny) I am going to get him one of those boat propellers for his hitch receiver and start calling him Admiral or something.

Nice XJ XJLaredo. I am going to lock mine up and regear after I put a Dana 44 in it. On my limited budget I don't want to spend the money on the Dana 35 and then do it all over again with a 44. Until then, I will do the best I can with my AX-15 and it's matching 3.07 gears (ugh!). I don't think I have seen yours around town either but if I see you I will hit you up for a look at your XJ. Mine has been lifted for about 3 years now and has undergone a few transformations. I would particularly like to get some details on how you did the TJ flares. Damn those look good. I haven't gotten around to cutting my fenders yet but after all of the rubbing at Tahuya a couple of days ago, it is time! Those JKS disco's really free up the suspension! The rear anti-sway bar is coming off next. If you have any pics or tips for the process, that would be sweet. There is plenty of information on this forum about it, but there is NOTHING like seeing it first hand and talking to someone about thier experience! See you guys around.

Scott

Well, the Rubi motor is officially toast...they are going to replace connecting rods and see if that does it. Bummer.

6.1 Hemi swap is only about $20-$25,000 see how deep his pockets really are :scottm:

seriously though, drive a jk with a 6.1L in it, they scream one of my cusotmers brought his in for some recall work and told me to take it for a spin because I was asking how it rode on 37's and lifted. pull out of the driveway don't even think about it floor it because jk's are gutless, and damn it got with it.

That would be sweet...I'll work on him:)

XJ AV8R said:
there is plenty of information on this forum about it, but there is NOTHING like seeing it first hand and talking to someone about thier experience! See you guys around.

Scott

Send me a PM some time and we could meet up so you can check them out. I work in the Capitol Auto Mall.

Jamez.

Back