• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One More Week!

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
Another week, and it's back to God's Country!
I don't think I'll ever NOT get excited about coming back to Colorado, even if it's only for a week.
See ya'll next weekend in Ridgeway! :wave1:

Hey, Flagstaff isn't all that bad. You should have grown up in West Texas. You would appreciate Phoenix after that.

I'm saying, OH s&*t, I've only got a week to get everything done.

old_man said:
I'm saying, OH s&*t, I've only got a week to get everything done.
Yeah, and not sure it'll all get done, at that, on my end. will push for it....someone tell me I'm not gonna be on the same trail the Huntington's were on. Hate to see our sport lose people..they seemed like a nice couple. If I AM on that trail, Tom..bring a set of blinders so I can only look ahead, and not side to side, kay?

old_man said:
Hey, Flagstaff isn't all that bad. You should have grown up in West Texas. You would appreciate Phoenix after that.
No, Flagstaff's not bad. But after spending 6 years living and hunting all over the San Juans, it's tough to be impressed by anything in AZ. This will be my second trip this summer to Ouray, and I'd go much more if the schedule would allow. Heck, I'm probably as close as you are. (7 hrs+) :spin1:

If I remember right it is about 340 miles from where I am. I did it in 6 hours, but that was hauling ass in an XJ.

old_man said:
If I remember right it is about 340 miles from where I am. I did it in 6 hours, but that was hauling ass in an XJ.
Loveland to Ouray in 6 hours?? :gag:
I know that stroker can run, but...DAYYUM! That's cruising!
I can make Telluride in 6 hours pretty easy. Durango's about 5 1/2.

It will pull 75 up through the tunnel with no problems. I tend to go I-70 to Copper Mountain, then south to HWY 50 and across through Gunnison. It may be a bit shorter but it is definately less boring than I-70 to Grand Junction then south.

I've thought about doing 285 from Denver, but there is a lot of civilization that way and a lot of traffic lights/speed limits/cops.

That is slow. You need to ride with Grant. We did Loveland to Farmington in about 6 hours in his supercharged Cooper Mini.

Anyone need to share a site. Motorhome broke down do I am camping in a tent. So if anyone wants to split a site let me no. I have already reserved loop e 180 and payed for it. just wondering if anyone needs a site?

Offer still stands. If someone gets to Ouray and needs a spot I will be on Loop E #180

What time do you think youll be around Gunnison. Maybe we can meet up and caravan in from there

BillR,
I agree. Getting back to God's Country is the high point of my Summers. I use to live in Boulder many years ago. 36 miles to Rocky Mountain National Park. Man, was that great!

Michel

I got an awesome suprise last night. I thought I was going to miss the Sunday run because my son was backpacking in CA and was not going to be back until late Saturday evening. Last night at about 3am, HE SHOWED UP! WOO HOO!
I'm Colorado-bound tomorrow morning! I'll be in Ouray for all 3 days! :cheers: :woohoo:

Back