• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Road 21 in June?

xjk9bar1

NAXJA Forum User
Where are those Grand Junction folks at? Let's get run & some camping set up for Road 21 in June. How about the weekends of 11-13 June or 25-27 June (I'm off these weekends :) ?

Well....we're in Grand Junction, wishin we could make it to last minute meetings, and trail runs. Anyway, a 21 Road run is definately in order. We could stage at the City Market parking lot in Fruita.

xjk9bar1 said:
Where are those Grand Junction folks at? Let's get run & some camping set up for Road 21 in June. How about the weekends of 11-13 June or 25-27 June (I'm off these weekends :) ?

i might be able to join you if you did the 25-27 weekend...
and the timing might work out to be the first "serious" test of new gears and lockers which (knock on wood) should be installed by the end of may.
;)

The 25th is a good weekend for me. I should have my 35's on by then, and they will need a good scrubbing! I was up there last weekend, and the trail is completely different from last fall. Should be a good time.
-LD

Grand junction folk right here Joey :D Keep me posted when you guys come out this way, i'll do my best to keep the rubber side down this time i PROMISE :peace:

Email me at [email protected] to remind me when you're heading up. Hope ya don't mind the YJ coming, the xj is no longer :(

Wally

is this trip still planned... ?
june 25-27?

anyone else?

me
joey
logdog

c'mon johnjohn, it is a good deadline to get your rig built up!
:)

maybee but I doubt it got a LITTLE project in the works
Led

Led said:
maybee but I doubt it got a LITTLE project in the works
Led

quit teasing... s'up? (49" iroks?)

... or are you "in the family way"?

:eyes: What dates are you guys going on?? I just came back from Independence and had a ball might be interested for 21 but need dates..Henry

june 25-27

though what exactly is the plan? how long does this trail take-- camping on the trail itself, or is this just a weekend of wheeling around the area? (or have we just not narrowed it down to a single day yet?)

let me know...

terry

I dont think any real plan has been made, but to answer your questions: The trail takes around 5-6 hours with no break-downs. There is a great camping spot near the top of the trail. I would not camp on the trail though. There is another hard trail to run and we would be one of the first groups to run it if we do. It's called Billings Canyon and would be rated 4-4+ on the Moab scale. Fun trail! My vote would be to run 21 road saturday, then Billings on sunday.

well i'm out for this trip after all... drats.

still hoping to run something more "serious" like this before the big CO NAXJA trip in august.

btw, what's the word on an official chapter run anyway?

terry

Is anyone coming??? I will be on the trail by 9 am running on channel 10.

Back