• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Carnage Thread...

Andy in Pa.

NAXJA Member #180
Yep, it starts already. Wiped out a lower ball joint and wheel bearings on my front axle, drivers side. Its most of the way fixed. Gotta source one more wheel bearing and put it back together.

It wasn't a hard day yesterday, but it looks like the seal was leaking, allowing mud and gunk to get in there. And things are REALLY muddy in the park right now! I will have it back in the woods asap!!

A rock came up thru my floor and I blew out but ends on my track bar. Went back to Jersey and grabbed a new one. I put that on until after 11 last night.

Blew a hole in the line between the clutch master and slave. Almost rolled it on a ledge.

Good times.

Tree rash on the hatch and rain gutter. Also popped the passenger side e-brake line out on a rogue stick right before we left. Didn't think anything of it, but it needs replaced.

Broke a one ton TRE and can't get the broken part out of the tie rod.

Crushed my tail pipe.

Crushed my rear bumper and lower rear quarter panel.

Dented, bent and cracked my winch bumper.

Dented the passenger fender.

Pushed my rock slider up into the body.

Messed up my door trying to open it after the rock slider issue.

Broke an upper control arm bolt.

Other than that, it's totally fine.

Tree rash on the hatch and rain gutter. Also popped the passenger side e-brake line out on a rogue stick right before we left. Didn't think anything of it, but it needs replaced.

That stick was bizarre. Sorry to ear it damaged the cable.

David Bricker / SYR

Blew a hole in the line between the clutch master and slave. Almost rolled it on a ledge.

Good times.

It's a shame the field fix didn't hold. But, on the bright side, you now have an accurate gauge of the temperature of your exhaust system. Valuable information, there.

David Bricker / SYR

A lot more Dents,snapped the flange on my downpipe, broke my rear tail light tab. But it made the 225 mile trek home at 70 just fine, not bad for running it with all of the big guys

Slight dent in my left rear door, couple scratches. Should buff right out.

Drove mine around a bit today, still haven't bothered airing up. Still driving fine, but I gained a fair amount of smashed sheet metal and a brand new muffler that now looks like a crushed beer can. We'll see what else may be lurking after the car wash.

Last edited:
Back