• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My New DD Project

MrSimon

NAXJA Forum User
I decided to go the cheap route and buy a real diamond in the rough. No pics yet - its always dark when I'm home these days.

Dark blue 1997 4D AW4 4.0HO 4x4 D30/35LSD 3.55s NP231 120k

Its got a stock TC skid, front skid, rear hitch, new Dueller Revo A/Ts, fresh tune-up, inspection, allignment.

Not a spec of rust anywhere.

Cruise control, CD player, power windows, manual locks/windows, full guage cluster.

All sounds great right? Well, the interior is dirty as heck and needs redone.

My plan is to clean/replace/re-do the entire interior. Then slap on some alloy wheels, a roof rack, and a NAXJA sticker!

I'll post pics of the progress as I start the work.

Oh, and watch the Classifieds ... I'm gonna need a lot of stuff!!

Sweet...Get some pix of her when you can..

You bringing that up to the trail cutting ride? hahaha

Jordan, it's not very difficult to remove the seat covers and throw them in the wash. I'v done this with fantastic results. You can also wait till next summer, and a 100*ish weekend and hit them with a hose/scrubbrush or power washer. Takes 2 days to dry.

Congrats on the purchase. :yelclap:

I wish I could find myself a rust free XJ at a decent price. No matter the condition of the interior. Actually right now I want a rust free MJ, but thats a different story.

Lucky :) Grats on the new Jeep though, looking forward to pics

I hate it when people say they'll post pics later, and then don't. So even though its dark out, I took some pics of the new XJ. It not much to look at, but I sure like it.

IMG_2134.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.JPG

Tonight I sanded down the flares with steel wool ... which works great by the way .... and cleaned them up real good - all ready for some paint.

How they looked before:
IMG_2168.JPG

Look at that paint peeling:
IMG_2169.JPG

All sanded, cleaned, and ready for paint:
IMG_2170.JPG

Looks good Jordan...Jeeps r fun...

Flares are painted and ready to go on. Just need to find some brackets. I was hoping I could just use bolts and skip the brackets, but the 97+ brackets are a bit different than the earlier ones and should really be put on with brackets. I might be getting a set tomorrow - we'll see.

By the way .... Krylon Fusion paint is freak'n awesome stuff!!!

Picture doesn't do these justice .... they turned out very smooth!
IMG_2174.JPG

Dude it came out awesome. Nice Work

Bring the new XJ up this weekend..It has skid plates in all the right place..just slide over the rocks..

Bring the new XJ up this weekend..It has skid plates in all the right place..just slide over the rocks..

AND its got a sweet daddy D35 with, get this, a LSD!!! Can you say BLACKS!!

Nah, this thing is pavement bound for a long time. I'll just ride with you Joey, and let you bust up your Jeep:cheers:

Wait..If anything goes wrong, I have my chainsaw with me..Should be able to fix anything with a chainsaw.. We should be all set

Wow, looks really nice! I definitely like the paint, will have to see how it holds up to abuse. I can't stand it when beautiful paint chips off really easily.

Back