• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

81 cj roll bar in my xj

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
i just scored a free 81 cj roll bar. i am thinking of cutting it down to install it in my xj behind the rear seat. by the time its cut to heightand length it should be the right size to weld the vertical bar to the floor with plate steel next to the rear wheel well hump and the rear bar should be right over the unibody rails.

plus its red so it will match my xj. if i do it right and support and brace everything right it should work.

get ahold of Howard "Hards91xj" he has a rollbar from a wrangler in his IIRC
He may be able to help you out and warn you of any diffuculties he ran into.
Dingo

well i got the cj roll bar all cut up and inside my xj today. it fits tight for now until next week my 2 friends that are plumbers help me measure nad weld it perfectly. it sits inbetween the wheel wells with the angle matching the back fo the rear seat. and the other two legs are going to be welded at the corners fo the lift gate after trimming carpet and plastic. i am adding thick sheet metal under the tubes as well as studs for the cage bars to fit over. and a piece of tube inside the two halves of the roll bar for added strength.

eventually i will add another arch behind the front seats with a cross bar from side to side and i will connect that to the rear cj roll bar. i'll add pics of it sofar tomorrow.

xtrememtbiker85 said:
i'll add pics of it sofar tomorrow.

waiting....

sounds like a waste of space...

Back