• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek, August 27 2017

Re: Spring Creek Aug 27

I didn't take any. I was too busy talking smack after walking up the obstacle that people were winching and broke on.

The Gate Keeper turned out to be a bit of a challenge for some of the people in front of us. It took FOREVER to get past it. Once we did we split off into a smaller group of 5 rigs and the rest of the trail went a lot faster. We did have to winch the Yota after it got hung up in the rock garden on its diff, but otherwise we went through without any real pizazz.

I think almost half the rigs winched up the first obstacle. I did rain right as we hit the rock garden and made it a little slick but yea nothing crazy.

I think there was something like 15 rigs waiting at the gate keeper

That liberty on like 37s blew up a front shaft almost right away. And yea, Dutch pretty much made everyone look like a chump.

Last edited:
Spring Creek Aug 27

I think almost half the rigs winched up the first obstacle. I did rain right as we hit the rock garden and made it a little slick but yea nothing crazy.

I think there was something like 15 rigs waiting at the gate keeper

225353a02ba3936d25df6bc3dfc0843a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That liberty on like 37s blew up a front shaft almost right away. And yea, Dutch pretty much made everyone look like a chump.

When the standard is set really low it's easy to excel. :D

It was nice to talk with 1tonxj at the trail head. I was hoping you would catch up with our group at the top. We had a great time in our small group. The XJ walked the gatekeeper, up the left side of the hairpin turn, and up the left side of the rock garden. I was happy with the shake down run. It was almost like riding a bike. Here is the only picture That was taken in our group.

4352-L.jpg

Last edited:

I was last rig in line the only mechanical. breakage I'm aware of on trail was the d30 axle shaft on the liberty...that was a result turning full lock with the front arb locked and bouncing under throttle while all bound up...the 37s are not forgiving with that set up.

I watched a few of rigs go up the waterfall...did anyone take the Right side sissy line up ?

I was last rig in line the only mechanical. breakage I'm aware of on trail was the d30 axle shaft on the liberty...that was a result turning full lock with the front arb locked and bouncing under throttle while all bound up...the 37s are not forgiving with that set up.

I watched a few of rigs go up the waterfall...did anyone take the Right side sissy line up ?

I did. And actually dented the quarter panel that was already dented on that boulder. No winch tho!

Jason in the red xj cruised up the center line pretty quick too.

It was nice to talk with 1tonxj at the trail head. I was hoping you would catch up with our group at the top. We had a great time in our small group. The XJ walked the gatekeeper, up the left side of the hairpin turn, and up the left side of the rock garden. I was happy with the shake down run. It was almost like riding a bike. Here is the only picture That was taken in our group.

4352-L.jpg

Tom nice meeting you and Becky in person ...lol...the grouo that showed up after you left.grew ...lol...and grew they took awhile on the waterfall watching guys with only a couple trail runs under their belt almost flop 60k jk gets some respect from me so I can't complain about the time they spent . I did 75% of the trail in 2wd . I held the group up myself attempting to take the rig right up along side the tree line on the hair pin before the rock garden ...lol...I got video no pics but a 92 inch track will let you.get crazy off camber without flopping . The rock garden was quick far Left , which I had to look at it for few seconds to decide my tire placement plan since the 115 wb is not ideal for that spot . I suck for pics I usually am to busy bs-ing and then wheeling to remember the camera action . My buddy Rick's step daughter Natasha is a professional photographer and wheeler ..lol...I need to make sure we bring her on the big Moab trip .

I did. And actually dented the quarter panel that was already dented on that boulder. No winch tho!

Jason in the red xj cruised up the center line pretty quick too.

Jason's rig made short work of that obstacle ...I actually used to catch my rear 1/4 on the rock at the top of the right side while making the left swing ...even when on 39s with the 106 wheel base . There is nothing to hang there now with the tires back so far and new body work ...You could do the middle you just need to get the line so your rear tires don't under cut or you your front will just slide off down hill when.the rear gets hooked . You seen me hit it with the rear under cut the first time and it did just that backed up moved about 6 inches and no issue ..That was why the JK guys had issue it was a shatty tire placement and not recognizing it .

Back