• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Badlands Aug 2-4

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Well figured i would post this up here to see if anybody would be interested in going. As of right now me and suzi are planning for this date to take both of our jeeps down to the badlands for the weekend. Figured i would post up in advance so people could plan it out if they want to go. As of right now it will be our 2 jeeps, a jk, and maybe a couple other xj's coming with us. Everyone is welcome to come.

im gonna have the wife try and get the time off, she just started a new gig so hopefully they let her. summers campground has a pool... and shade... just fyi.

im gonna have the wife try and get the time off, she just started a new gig so hopefully they let her. summers campground has a pool... and shade... just fyi.

Would you rather stay at Summers campground? I have never stayed there before.

summers is a really nice campground. especially if you have family coming. they have a pool, lake, park, and its just a normal campground. it is about 10 mins or more to the badlands tho. Attica is just a field but its closer.

I have always played it like this, if your camping more than wheeling summers is better. if its just a straight wheeling trip then Attica family it is.

down for either.

IN

I already have site 48 reserved at the Attica Family Campground, just easier with the trailer and Jeep to be there.

Plus I heard the Rosco Racin folks like to have a big party on Saturday nights :)

mac 'the baby slept through the party this past weekend' gyvr

Its a TREC race weekend.

mac 'thats the only one that I know of...' gyvr

Oh ok. Maybe we should go ahead and get sites reserved then. Starting to think it might be a little warm there in august. Wondering maybe bring the parents camper for the ac and all.

IN

I already have site 48 reserved at the Attica Family Campground, just easier with the trailer and Jeep to be there.

Plus I heard the Rosco Racin folks like to have a big party on Saturday nights :)

mac 'the baby slept through the party this past weekend' gyvr

Tis true, at summers you cannot party as hard. its mostly a family style campground with campers and tents filled with sleeping people everywhere.

i will have the wife and baby and she probably wont want to sit in a tent all day when she could be by a pool. so i may sleep at summers but party where everyone else is.

unless she decides not to come which may happen also. then i will be where the party is. cuz my name is sam and i like to party.

Haven't been out since WF, talking to see if a friend wants to wheel also with his lifted JKU. If he comes, might just ride with him (he lets Sarah and I drive also because he enjoys not driving at times) since I haven't been in his JKU with the top and doors off. If we come, it would only be on the 3rd.

Why don't we get a decision on where it would work out best for everyone bringing family with them so we can pick the best campground for everyone. I am up for either campground.

it could actually be best of both worlds to have both. after a long hot day of wheeling we could go hang out at mine and rews camp spot at summers and do some swimming and what not. later when the evening starts to show up, we could head out to macs for some drinking and shenanigans. anyone who didn't want to go wheeling all day would have a choice on where they want to chill.

Attica family campground should think about adding some trees and a pool. dont they know my wife needs something better than a tent to sit in all day.

Thats not a bad idea sam. Maybe we should just go ahead and plan on summers then. I know my son would probably love to jump into a pool after being out in the hot sun all day.

So is that the consensus then? Camp at summers for the weekend then head over and get our drink on with mac?

80% IN. the wife just has to clear it with her boss. we will end up at summers. but like sam said you guys can come visit and dip in the pool. :D

Back