• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Jeep Cherokee Rock Crawler

gpXJ00

NAXJA Forum User
13D75D48-8955-434C-A547-BFAA79332F09-9548-000007A7FADE9968_zpsb39a6406.jpg

373B8D53-670B-417E-93BC-AB556183FC6B-9548-000007A80057223A_zps89e8b58e.jpg

IMG_20121110_115551.jpg

Up for sale is my beloved 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited. Asking price is currently set at $4000. She has 161k miles on her and still runs like a top. She will rock crawl with the big boys but still drive 80 mph on the highway. The good and the average

• 2000 Jeep Cherokee Limited -- Power everything and leather seats: Seats are all in good shape except the standard tear on the driver's seat
• 4.0 with Auto tranny -- just installed B&M transmission cooler and replaced fluid. Oil change about 500 miles ago. Minor drip from the rear main seal -- about a quarter sized puddle over a 2 week period
• High Pinion d30 front stuffed with 4.88 gears and Spartan locker -- Approximately 4000 miles on these gears and never a problem from day 1
• Ford 8.8 rear axle also with 4.88 gears and Spartan locker. Rear shock mounts were moved up a bit to keep them out of the rocks when the 8.8 was set up to go in
• Frame rail stiffeners from front crossmember all the way to the rear of the frame rail. 3/16" steel stitch and rosette welded the length of the frame
• T&T Customs long arm and belly/tcase skid
• NP231 with HD SYE -- fresh fluid with very few miles and no wheeling trips
• 4.5" lift -- Rusty's 4.5" coils up front, custom leaf pack extended shackles and shackle relocation boxes in the rear
• 35" BFG Original MT's on three corners, one AT due to a cut sidewall on one of the MT's last time out. The tread on these 3 BFG's is still over 60%. You could find a replacement for the one with the sidewall tear and ride on those 4 tires for a long time to come
• Optima red top battery about 1 yr old in custom battery box due to inner fender rebuild
• Rockers were cut out and replaced with 2x6 ¼" wall rectangular tube welded to the pillars and to angle iron bracing tied into the body
• Doors are removable (hinges cut and pins welded in to make them easily taken off and on) and were cut to fit with the higher rockers but still fully functioning -- windows and door locks and all
• The headliner was replaced last fall with heavy duty material that should last for a long time to come
And what bad there is
• The AC doesn't work because I cut one of the lines with a small slip of the angle grinder when clearancing the inner fenders -- but hey, the doors are removable so who needs AC?!
• There is no emergency brake currently hooked up, although it is not hard to do with the 8.8, I just never did it since it has an auto tranny
• The cruise control is not functional because I removed it when I rebuilt the inner fenders and relocated the battery
• There is no rear bumper as I was in the process of building a new custom one

I've wheeled this thing all over Hot Springs, AR, Clayton, OK and the metroplex parks. It follows the guys on bigger tires and has never left me stuck or unable to get up a trail, from 1-5 diamond trails it is just fun to drive and performs awesome. It also rides decent on the highway for a Jeep on 35's. I've driven it out to Bridgeport numerous times and wheeled all day and it always gets me home.

The registration and inspection is currently out because it has been my off road only Jeep since September, but it does come with a Clear Blue Texas Title so there will be no issue if you want to make it legal to drive it on road.

Back