• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EC4WDA Four-Wheel Food-Drive, Saturday Nov 3rd.

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
Date: SATURDAY, 03 November 2007 , hosted by Berkshire4Wheelers.org
Location: Northern Berkshire County Community Action Coalition (NBCAC), main office, 85 Main st, North Adams, Ma public parking lot.
Time: 9am to 11am

this gets bigger and better every year. we will meet at the local food bank in North Adams, donate our goods, enjoy coffee and donuts, and while you wait there will be 50/50 raffle tickets and commemorative stickers available for donation/purchase. all levels of rig/driver ability will be accomodated for trail rides.

participation requires the donation of NON-PERISHABLE food items or supermarket gift certificates for Big Y or Stop & Shop. (bring as much as you can, please dont be the guy who shows with a single can of beans)

all are welcome to to join us, but please have all the basic saftey/equipment requirements covered, especially tow/recovery points.

(can i get a sticky here?)

If my rig is ready by then I'll be there. Went last year and had a great time.

Come on out people! You can't beat a good day of wheeling for a good cause!:cheers:

NEW MEETING PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!

There has been a small change of plans for the meeting place. We are now going to meet at the North Adams, National Guard Armory; on ASHLAND ST. we will combine our efforts with the Berkshire county postal workers on their annual food drive that also benefits BCAC. Meeting times will be the same, just a few blocks down the road. Mapquest will get you there easily.
Please make a point to pass this information on to everyone in your email lists.
Thanks in advance for the support and I apologize if this change of venue adds any confusion

Maybe I can convince my boss to give me the day off for a good cause.

been there the past 2 years and had a blast both times even wheeling into the night, heres some pics from the past 2 years

20051.jpg

20052.jpg

20053.jpg

20054.jpg

20055.jpg

and Last Year
1hh4.jpg

2ba4.jpg

4rd9.jpg

6iv2.jpg

9pk7.jpg

this is coming up next week. you guys are making this forum look like web-wheelers. this is the perfect opportunity to get out and see some new trails with experienced trail leaders and expand your horizons!! and more importantly it supports the food bank.

a week away and only a couple peaple are going from NAXJA, c'mon where is everyone, yalls are missing a great day of wheeling for a great cause.

I guess that makes me a web wheeler. I want to go, but my only option is the buggy right now. How many steet miles are you planning? We got away with mine and mikes buggy a few years back. That was only from the Big Y to slip and slide, Then boulder trail. Give me an idea what trails are planed.

ipkyss said:
I guess that makes me a web wheeler. I want to go, but my only option is the buggy right now. How many steet miles are you planning? We got away with mine and mikes buggy a few years back. That was only from the Big Y to slip and slide, Then boulder trail. Give me an idea what trails are planed.

i didnt get the Vt private land i wanted but i am guaranteed i have it next year.. alot of good that does me this week.. we're going too far for your buggy sean.. sorry

alright, maybe i can get zack to go for the day

This event is this weekend and it looks like we are expecting a good turn-out and have good weather forecast for the next few days. I want to point out again that the meeting/collection point has changed from the original location and is now at the OLD NATIONAL GUARD ARMORY on 210 ASHLAND ST, North Adams, Ma at 9AM. Look for our volunteers directing traffic. If everyone shots for 9am it will make for an easy morning with equipment inspections. Groups will be leaving for the trails by 1030. PLEASE have a full tank of fuel BEFORE YOU ARRIVE. We will have local media coverage so expect a few reports to be taking pictures and asking questions.
Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts will be provided by members of Adirondak Jeeps, NTC and B4W.

On behalf of the Northern Berkshire Community Action Coalition and Berkshire 4 Wheelers, I want to thank everyone who attended EC4WDA Region D’s 3rd annual Four-Wheel Food-Drive in North Adams, Massachusetts. Our group of 38 vehicles and over 50 attendees, ranging from a bone-stock Lexus SUV to heavily modified late-model Jeep Wranglers, filled the bed of a full-size Ford pickup with almost 700# of non-perishable food items, which contributed to the overall total of 8200 # collected by the local postal carriers that same day. We also donated $470 in supermarket gift cards, $46 from our 50/50 raffle, and $120 from sales of our commemorative event stickers. If you didn’t read the newspaper article, the food pantry had only been allocated 12 thanksgiving turkeys from the larger Western Mass Food Bank, our additional donations will allow them to purchase enough turkeys now to give one to every family on her list.
Thanks again to everybody for getting up on a cold November morning and driving a few hours to make a good thing happen for families you will likely never meet. Its just another way of thanking a community for their support or at least tolerance of our sport.
Thanks again for making this a great success!!

Mike Chapline
President, Berkshire 4 Wheelers.

Back