• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project L.A.S.R.

KPTHEMP

That's Me
NAXJA Member
Hey all, your officially invited to take part in Project L.A.S.R. phase 1, "give me wheels"

we will be meeting at Ed's tomorrow around 1200 noon, PM for directions or you can reach me at five1eight-33seven-8six2three

so ya wanna meet L.A.S.R. ?
4003376059_de68e7d3af.jpg

Thanks,

KP :patriot:

Re: Wrenchfest 10-18-09 Project L.A.S.R. phase 1

If I dont go to Good guys in BG tomoorow maybe i'll check this out. Pm me an address. If not could you get those connectors for me?

cool hope ya can make it,

those connectors are on that 99 body down there, i'll grab them if your not there and if i remember.

PM sent for location

Phase 1 complete.

I'm sure KGP will have pics soon. Thanks for a fun afternoon. Nothing better than wrenching with friends.

Yeah was alot of fun and everything went easy for the first time

off the trailer
4024965806_d51308fce5_b.jpg

pulled the donor in
4024965950_3c0c20b927_b.jpg

got the axles and wheels on
4024211211_d2b1406829_b.jpg

and back on the trailer to go home
4024966244_63e3082b27_b.jpg

and we got it all done in about 5-6 hours.

The suspension is temporary for now, just wanted to get a rolling chassis, now that i got it back at my place im gonna clean it up, repair the "A" pillar and prep for transfer of everything from my current DD with modifications and experimental ideas along the way

Thanks for today Ed

:patriot:

No problem. It sure is nice working on XJ's that don't have rusted bolts. All those suspension bolts looked almost like new. Now when we get to the DD, that might be another story.

Hey all, your officially invited to take part in Project L.A.S.R. phase 1, "give me wheels"

we will be meeting at Ed's tomorrow around 1200 noon, PM for directions or you can reach me at five1eight-33seven-8six2three

so ya wanna meet L.A.S.R. ?
4003376059_de68e7d3af.jpg

Thanks,

KP :patriot:

There are pieces of the original Jeep all around this area on other Jeeps now, including mine. Definitely watching this build thread!

well i got it home, cleaned it up a little, and got it pushed into my garage up a hill (that was fun). but before that i had to pull the 98 XJ (parts jeep) out of the garage and it fell over off the jack stands and the trailer while i was loading it(more fun). i also mocked up some sheet metal parts that i had lying around, i still need to find a rust free drivers door.

a little background into the project... my current DD is from NY and is a complete rustbucket underneath, although it looks nice and shiny up top thanks to a free paintjob after being hit by a moving truck last year. the rear frame is severely rusted to paper thin and even cracked in one spot near the shackle. So instead of continue to put money and resources into a bad body i decided to jettison my old shell/tub and get a new one. So i put out the word on a thread for a new tub and Ckale1 answered the call with a nice clean rust free body with repairable body damage. Recently i finally got some time off and i ventured over to NC and got me a new shell and the rest of the story will be found here as i continue to build it up, stay tuned...

ill be back with more pics soon

went to look at some tires today, nice set of goodyear wranglers30.5" x9.5" r15 like new, gonna mount them on the jeep ecco rims, maybe paint them a dark gunmetal more like the grizzlys
4032825079_c5ee98d0b3_o.jpg

heres when the 98 fell over...
4033578698_476dc62413_b.jpg

parts mock-up from yesterday
4032825219_91f83f6e9e_b.jpg

gotta work the next few days but hope to get small stuff done, lots of parts to clean up

LASR Leisure and Sport Review
LASR Laboratory for Astrophysics and Space Research
LASR Low-Altitude Surveillance Radar
LASR Local Access Service Request
LASR Long and Short Romance
LASR Local Alarm and Status Report

i have 2 possibilities in mind and no one has even gotten one letter right, so ill spill the first word...

Lightweight

Back