• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April 17th Lefthand Canyon restoration

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I received this from RJ454 and thought some of you might be interested in helping. If I am free I will be there. At this time this is not an officially sanctioned NAXJA event but it fits within the aims of our chapter so I included this for everyone to read.

Hey, 'Old Man'...
RJ here and I just signed up for the April 17th Lefthand Canyon restoration. I was sent the following link by a buddy of mine with MHJC. He said they are trying to get as many people as possible to volunteer to help in this and other areas. He also stressed that a large showing of enthusiasts would make a big impact with the governing bodies and show that we care about our chosen recreation, and would work to keep areas like these open.

Here's the link- http://www.wlrv.org/

Thanks for your help- RJ

RJ454

PLEASE READ- April 17th Lefthand Canyon restoration- More info

:callme: Pass it around-

WE REALLY NEED some extra help in several specific ways.
Please let me know ASAP if you can help. And THANKS!

The actual work site is along FR286. FR286 is very rough (requiring 4WD and high clearance). It will be closed to all traffic except for vehicles hauling materials, tools, food and other gear for the project. If you wish to help with the hauling, please contact us at 303-543-1411 or [email protected].

(1) We need folks to help haul project materials up FR286 on Friday, April 16. We need pickups and extra people to load and unload. The road is very rough, requiring high clearance 4WD.

(2) We need 2 to 3 folks with high clearance 4WD trucks to meet us at our tool shed on Friday afternoon, April 16, in Gunbarrel to load tools to be hauled up FR286 early (7:00am) on the morning of Saturday, April 17.

(3) We need someone to pick up donated coffee in Boulder early on the morning of Saturday, April 17, and to help with volunteer registration and the serving of the continental breakfast.

(4) We need someone to help us securely haul 5+ gallons of stew up FR286 in the mid morning of April 17. This requires a high clearance 4WD vehicle and a RELIABLE method to prevent two kettles of hot stew from spilling on the drive up.

(5) We need folks to help haul additional materials up FR286 on Monday, April 19. This will be after the main volunteer event as we prepare for a large hydromulching operation.

Ed Self

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wildlands Restoration Volunteers
980 McIntire Street
Boulder, CO 80303
303-543-1411
[email protected] / www.wlrv.org

C'mon everybody, it's one way to test out upgrades and mods.... It'll probably be my xj's maiden voyage; I still haven't heard from the tranny shop yet!

Gawd I wanna participate! But I work weekends! :flamemad:

Just got my xj back from the tranny shop; s'posed to be all good now :banghead: So I'm gonna test it but good !!! :firedevil
I'll be up at the trailhead on Fri @ 10am, with my trailer to haul hay bales; 2-3 trips, then maybe a load or two of fertilizer. And if the jeep holds up; I'll take a few loads of hydro-much stuff up on Monday. If this tranny holds up for the warranty period; it'll outlast me. :worship:

Re: PLEASE READ- April 17th Lefthand Canyon restoration- More info

wizbang said:
just found out they have all the volenters they need

That is awesome to hear!

Makes me feel not so bad for missing it! :)

Back