• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chicken Run! - Part 3

BrokenXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Earl's putting in another Chicken Run! Saturday, Nov 15, in
Woonsocket, RI. This is for Stockers to Lockers, because the place we are going is two-sections of legal power-lines, where all of the obstacles are off the service road. We are going to meet at about 10:00AM-10:45AM in the Stop&Shop(I think?) parking lot in Woonsocket on 146A in RI.

Enough about off-roading, this run is really about Chicken! After about 3-4 hours of playing we will be going to the biggest chicken place you have ever seen, for $9 all-you-can-eat, family style baked chicken, pasta, salad, fries. There is no menu, once your seated they start bringing it out. This is a must go, for the big guys, and bring your fat friends :) This run is also good for kids, and significant others, because its not a grueling all day event with PB&J for lunch.

So if you have an appetite for chicken and good off-roading, you need to be there, because this is "Chicken Run! Part 3".

I'll try to make it if Broken XJ will promise to turn off the headlights on his rig so I can eat instead of wasting half an hour trying to find "Steve from Massachusetts" who left his lights on. :D

anyone else getting hungry thinkin about it? this is going to be a pretty good turn-out from the sounds of it..
mike

Tough call. I do love eating as I am sure my impressive physique shows, and I did manage to fix my control arm mount, although I did not reenforce it just yet, I did re-weld every seam and used alot of heat and a come-a-long and its back to looking stock. Will have to see how my day tomorrow goes, I am very tempted to go, and do what I typically do (Put of school papers until like 3 am the night before they are due) butt I will have to see, its a toss up as of now.

Moto said:
Tough call. I do love eating as I am sure my impressive physique shows, and I did manage to fix my control arm mount, although I did not reenforce it just yet, I did re-weld every seam and used alot of heat and a come-a-long and its back to looking stock. Will have to see how my day tomorrow goes, I am very tempted to go, and do what I typically do (Put of school papers until like 3 am the night before they are due) butt I will have to see, its a toss up as of now.

COME ON! You're not going to school on Sunday. Let's go wheelin' and eat enough after to make the rigs lean over on the ride home. :D

10:00 a.m. @ Stop & Shop, Route 146A, North Smithfield.

From MA Turnpike, Exit 10A for 146 south. About 4 miles into RI, take exit for Route 104. Follow for about a mile. Traffic light at intersection with 146A -- turn right, go about 3/4 of a mile, Stop & Shop is on the right.

[Edit] Revised to correct route number from 204 to 104

Last edited:
not to mention that BrokenXJ got more broken :D

the chicken was good, VERY GOOD!

the wheelin' was great, unfortunately... I don't have any pics... yet :D

maybe he should rename his next rig the "FIXEDREGULARLYXJ" ... even though it happened 3 or 4 times, the trail fixes were handled with no problems... aint nothing like coming prepared!! i clicked about 150 pics and will post a link tommorow night (when i get a PC thats capable of such tasks) ... chicken was excellent, i'll probably drag the family down there just to go there sometime..
mike

sidriptide said:
chicken was excellent, i'll probably drag the family down there just to go there sometime..
mike

Possible venue for a New England meet-n-greet during the snowy months when we're not all out wheeling or wrenching?

Needless to say, pictures of XJs strapping TJs are always welcome. Especially since one of the TJ drivers kept commenting that only the XJs broke -- and then tried to explain why he couldn't try any of the obstacles on which the breaks took place.

Glad you could join us.

Back