• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Truckhaven Weekend of Nov. 17th

Peteyg

NAXJA Forum User
It's that time again. Fall fell, and before you know it, the Holidays will be upon us.

That means it's time to go to Truckhaven for PeteyG's12th Annual Pre-Turkey Day Truckhaven Fun Run! It's a pretty long-winded name for an excuse to go to the desert and go Jeeping, hang out by the fire to drink beer, and watch the kids tool around on their toys.

It's usually a good time. I don't have any rules, don't charge any money, and don't really care if I actually go Jeeping as long as the beer is cold and the campfire is big.

Over the years I have has as many as 30 and as few as 4 people show up for the run. We have had great times, and on a couple of occasions, not so great times (hey Tim (newheep), Charlie is doing great, and loves coming out to the desert even more now - he asks about you a lot).

I lied, I do have a couple rules...well, more like guidelines...

If you are expecting an organized run, with set in stone departure times and trail guides and set lunch times, tailgunners, and spotters, this is not the run for you. We typically don't have any real idea of what we're going to do, and just sort of wing it. It always turns out to be fun, and a couple of times, it became epic.

That's it, actually. Anyone who wants to come out is invited.

Sorry about conflicting with Goatfest, but I've been doing this run on this weekend for 12 years. It's kind of a family tradition. For anyone that doesn't want to tear their junk up at JV, this is a good alternative.

Sorry about conflicting with Goatfest, but I've been doing this run on this weekend for 12 years. It's kind of a family tradition. For anyone that doesn't want to tear their junk up at JV, this is a good alternative.

That's why we go...lol

I spent 10 years tearing my TJ up at JV, and it was great fun, but after a while it got to be a pain putting it back together after each run. I'm over it. The XJ will never go to JV.

I spent 10 years tearing my TJ up at JV, and it was great fun, but after a while it got to be a pain putting it back together after each run. I'm over it. The XJ will never go to JV.

Yeah, i hear ya.. maybe someday we will join ya. For now, Ill enjoy beating it up. :peace:

Back