• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$500-1986 Comanche Longbed project- Clarksville, TN

Dozer11B

NAXJA Forum User
IMGP0026.jpg

IMGP0027.jpg

For sale:

1986 Longbed Comanche. Needs Transmission and transfer case. It seems to be stuck in 4wd, and has no 4th or 5th gear.

Motor starts and runs but may need a fuel pump.

I was in the process of working the tune-up and I replaced the whole exhaust with edelbrock ceramic headers and new exhaust all the way back. Tie rod is also bent. I was driving this truck for a month when an innocent trip to a buddy's farm resulted in the trans/tcase/tie rod problem.

Engine is the 2.8L V6

There are rust holes in the floor boards and I tried to stop as much of the exterior surface rust. That's the black primer in the photos. That Front fenders are trimmed pretty extreme and the rear wheel wells are cut and folded. before I folded the lip I wirewheeled the inside of the wheel wells and gave them a few coats of undercoating.

There are 3.5 inch RE coils in front and I have a pair of Hell Creek 3.5 overarched MJ AAL I was planning on using- have not installed the AALs.

Truck is currently sitting on 3 black D-windows and one stock steelie.

Asking $500 obo without lift- $700 obo with lift....... Got to sell so I can get the house ready to sell.

BE ADVISED: I don't have current pics at the moment. The pics above are when I was working on it. It sat for a year while I was deployed to Afghanistan. I hooked it up to a battery and it started up like I drove it yesterday. It isn't as pretty as those pics plus it's got some old mud on it.

No one's looking for a project huh?? I got to move in Nov to NC- I would hate to scrap this and the Cherokee.....

Somdebody buy this thing before my wife has it hauled to the scrap yard....

Welcome to my world I never got any real bites on my manche either. For as low of a price as you're selling it you should post it on comanche club i'm sure someone there would be interested.

Any way to bring it to NC with ya?

Probably not man. I will most likely come by myself until the house sells and the wife's suburban would be the only vehicle I would wanna trailer it on...

If you can't sell it don't take it to a junkyard for heaven's sake. Bring it down here and I'll part it out for you if you want but anything besides a junkyard.

Well if there is a way to bring it over the border let me know. Diesel prices are just a bit steep to make it worth picking up from Clarksville.

I think he has moved to the Midwest Chapter. I know he had to get rid of everything before he moved.

He actually moved to his new house in NC and just recently got his internet hooked up there. He said that he's sold both the xj and mj to a local there so they're both gone.

So it came here... and sold... grr! I offered to buy it in NC months ago.

yeah I haven't heard from him, but he was pretty stoked about the Comanche.

Sorry Nick- had my running XJ loaded for war and it ain't ever gonna tow anything. Lucky I made it here, lol... 4 qts of oil and a whole lot of shimmy and shake!! I would have enjoyed the view coming over those mountains if I wasn't worried about something "important" falling off and sending me off a cliff. Pretty country though...

Leaked. The seal at the oil filter adapter is leaking. Had it fixed right before I left, but I guess they half-assed it. I would have done it myself but we had already cleaned the oil spots off the driveway...

Gonna look into an oil filter relocation kit soon so I'll take care of it then. So far it's been keeping the reust at bay! :guitar:

Leaked. The seal at the oil filter adapter is leaking. Had it fixed right before I left, but I guess they half-assed it. I would have done it myself but we had already cleaned the oil spots off the driveway...

Gonna look into an oil filter relocation kit soon so I'll take care of it then. So far it's been keeping the reust at bay! :guitar:

That leak spot is really good at producing a good undercoating!

Back