• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1 Ton Blue XJ

S3wo1gKh.jpg

Gathering the parts that have been sitting for years is fun.

ClAC7YWh.jpg

The size of these knuckles is massive compared to a stock dana 30 knuckle. Well everything is massive compared to a dana 30

I got my super duty 60 back from getting the gears and ARB installed! The axle is all the way back together I just need 4 nuts that hold the unit bearing I have 2 on each bearing for now.

WQLUSofh.jpg

The air fitting looks good the truss was not in the way like I thought it was going to be.

PO0LXfNh.jpg

Nice. Im doing mine later this week i think. We are getting snow till Tuesday night so my work area is garbage right now. Looking good man. How wide is your 14b?

How long are those coilovers?

I had 14" front and 16" rear on Green Junk, neither fit very well, but the front might have been able to package well if I had mounted them better. They are just very long shocks and the axles and tires move all over.

Oh yeah, I had a Ruff Stuff truss on the 14 bolt as well, think hard about where you are going to mount the shocks on the rear axle. As you rotate the pinion up, of course the truss rotates back. Either the shocks sit very high on top of the truss; the shocks mount to the back of the tube and lean back a lot; the shocks mount to the back or top of the axle tube and you cut out a big chuck of the truss; or ???

How long are those coilovers?

I had 14" front and 16" rear on Green Junk, neither fit very well, but the front might have been able to package well if I had mounted them better. They are just very long shocks and the axles and tires move all over.

16 inch long Coilovers I was planning on running the mounts on the back side of the axle I need to get the axle under the Jeep and see where everything lands

My inner twelve year old loves shocks through the hood. I hope yours does too!

I used the Ruff Stuff bent plate shock towers on the front, and extended their height with some maybe 2” flat stock? My approach was out the shocks as high as possible under the hood, put the axle as high as possible, lower shock mounts go where they go.

Don’t forget they are going to flex for days, and keeping the shock mounts high on the axle will help keep them away from the upper ball joint.

My inner twelve year old loves shocks through the hood. I hope yours does too!

I used the Ruff Stuff bent plate shock towers on the front, and extended their height with some maybe 2” flat stock? My approach was out the shocks as high as possible under the hood, put the axle as high as possible, lower shock mounts go where they go.

Don’t forget they are going to flex for days, and keeping the shock mounts high on the axle will help keep them away from the upper ball joint.

My inner 12 year old likes them through the hood too. Flipp88 on instagram has his though his hood doesnt look to bad..

This is where I am planning on mounting the coilover on the bottom just cause its what i got..

njiWySfh.jpg

I ordered wheel adapters and my studs where too long.

OPXQFU9h.jpg

So i had to cut them down.

G5xte53h.jpg

I have some updates. I dropped the gas tank and cut my exhaust so I could get my rear axle placed and my links measured out.

l7MzmY3h.jpg

WFzuPq7h.jpg

Made the first cut

QirU9uVh.jpg

RsopIJxh.jpg

CRFBLjWh.jpg

fTssK0Zh.jpg

4 ft long lowers for my rear 4 link Going to order a clayton offroad rear crossmember

nice man looking good

Hey can you post your gas tank relocation pics? Im going to 4 link my junk this winter .

Back