• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can We Get To Wilson Park?

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
Short answer is yes.

Went and did some heavy duty snow bashing today with some friends. Our goal was to try and make it to Wilson Park off of the Yellow Jacket Pass Road. It was 4 Toyotas and me in the Cherokee. Feeling a little outnumbered I took lead to show them how it's done. Things were going good until the first steep climb. I got a good bit of speed and hit the hill, rounded the corner and CRASH! A tree had fallen into the road and was sticking up just perfect to smash out the right front headligt and bust the grill shell. Next rig behind me hits the hill a few times but can't get traction. His last attempt ended in BANG..there goes something in the clutch. Good thing it still moved, just wouldn't disengage. Continued gaining elevation and moving up the trail as the snow got deeper. BANG goes the left front hub. Had a spare and replaced it in short order. Decided to let my friend in the Yota on 40's break trail since I was down to having no more spare hubs. Things went well until I flat buried myself to the dorrs with a tree behind me and one so close to my door I barely got out. Hooked up the winch and about the time I was done Yota on 40's comes back explaining he was pushing snow with his front bumper and bout got stuck going downhill. He had made it to Wilson Park. I decided it was time to turn around and head back since it was getting late. Had a blast beating on the Cherokee in the snow. I will have more pics later.
Airing down.
IMG_1692.jpg

Jeep with it's eye poked out!
IMG_1704.jpg

Back