• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle swap D44 F150 D44 Trooper

98XJROKS

NAXJA Forum User
I found a Comanche with the following;

D44 out of a F150, TNT Truss, Waggie knuckles, Custom High Steer, Hubs, Chromoly shafts, CTM's, 456 gears and a lockrite locker.
Rear D44 out of (either a Trooper or Mitsubishi) lock-rite 456 gears. Cant remember which but he claimed they were 31 spline shafts.

I'm thinking this would make a nice axle swap for my XJ. He want 3700 for it and I'm thinking I could re-sale it for 2000 price range with my HP 30 and 8.25 in it.

It also has a milemarker 9500 winch that I would keep.
Has a newer 4.0 / 231j that was adapted to a 700r4, custom bumpers.

If I"m into the two axles and winch $1500 would that be worth doing?

Last edited:
Lets check out just the D44...

Axle- 200 to be conservative
Knuckles, Hubs & high steer- 100
Shafts- 300
Gears 200
Locker 300
Truss/brackets 400

Thats 1500 there... then the rear and winch... do it.

Damn, why can't I find deals like this. I'd even leave the parts on the MJ if the body is good.

I'm not sure I'll do it yet....I need to decide soon though I've been putting him off now for a couple of days.

I've been watching the used jeep market and for some reason I've seen some deals lately that people are having a hard time selling.
I just don't want to be stuck with a Camanche that I don't really want. All I care about are the axles.

I'd be happy with 2k out of the thing once I swapped the axles. I'll be putting my HP 30 Non-Disco and my 8.25 29 spline with 355 gears back in it. Someone should be happy with that don't you guys think?

The jeep has 255K, the engine is newer (unknown how new) 700R4, 231J adapted, new 33" tires and black wheels, Camper Shell, No rust custom front and rear bumpers (not my choice of bumpers), looks like a 3" lift.
Thats it in a nut shell

Back