NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter > Colorado Trip Reports
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Trip Reports A place to post up details after an adventure.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2010, 18:34
NAXJA Forum User

Jenny Creek & Rollins Pass East 09/10/10

Had a good day, and nice to meet new faces or ones that I thought I would never see this far north again!

We had a surprise at the start of Rollins Pass, Ranger Rick was there waiting for us.

So it was JeepFreak, Skully (me), Beezle, XJCase, Xjcase's Girlfriend (sorry forgot your name) ColoradoRaptor, and Ranger Rick.

Jenny Creek has changed a lot in two years to the month, last time I was there was Sept 08. The main obstacle someone cut down the tree that tagged many a body panel, and some dug out and some filled in areas.

Most of the trail that follows the creek is all washed out. Rollins pass is the same washboard lower back hurting ride.......

All my pics are here at: Jenny Creek & Rollins Pass Sept 10

My highlights
:

Casey's girlfriend's newly lifted WJ;

She did awesome! Although took parts of Rollins pass a little slow.................

JeepFreak came across some idiots making a unauthorized bypass to a shallow water puddle:

.....so he put up some downed branches to curb the use of the new illegal bypass:

Raptors's Ugly arse mug........

Beezle's Navigator taking the helm:

Stopped for lunch at Yankee Doodle Lake:

Hike to Needles eye tunnel:

Group airing up and posing for partial group shot. (Jeepfreak and to head down before the hike, and XJcase & GF left after lunch.)

I will put up some video here soon, got to upload it first. Did not get any good pictures of me on the obstacle the video my camera man couldn't figure out how to operate it properly in time.

Last edited by Skully; September 11th, 2010 at 18:56.
Old September 11th, 2010, 21:42
NAXJA Forum User

Re: Jenny Creek & Rollins Pass East 09/10/10

Here are my Videos, took forever to upload (like two hours). I guess it doesn't help to upload all of them at once to youtube, I bogged down their stupid system.

All of them is the after creek crossing rock obstacle.

JeepFreak

XJCase

XJCase's GF

Beezle

ColoradoRaptor

Enjoy!!!

Last edited by Skully; September 11th, 2010 at 21:46.
Old September 11th, 2010, 22:07
NAXJA Forum User

Very nice!! Ira made it look like a speed bump.
Old September 11th, 2010, 22:30
NAXJA Forum User

I guess my video was not too bad........

Skully

What is funny look at my video from two years ago same obstacle on Jenny Creek when I had only a factory Trac-Loc and 31" Truxus MTs.

Then re-watch the current video from today.

BIG difference not only in my walking up the obstacle, but the changes of the obstacle, and both were also in September of each given year.

Last edited by Skully; September 11th, 2010 at 22:43.
Old September 11th, 2010, 22:35
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurley842002 View Post
Very nice!! Ira made it look like a speed bump.

Actually most of us just walked up the obstacle with no stopping or backing up.

Jeepfreak had a minor hiccup at the turn, which he is open / open at the moment, but the actual obstacle he stopped and backed up slightly only once.

Then there is the WJ which if she had a locker probably would have made a huge difference, also for her I believe this is her first time behind the wheel wheeling. So she did great!

Ira was just moving faster than all of us cause he had to pee..............

(no not really)

He must have been hungry or something though, because right after he asked when and where we were going to stop to eat.
Old September 11th, 2010, 22:41
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skully View Post

Skully

What is funny look at my video from two years ago Jenny Creek with a factory Trac-Loc and 31 Truxus doing this obstacle. and then re-watch the current video from today.

BIG difference not only in my walking up the obstacle but the changes of the obstacle. Both were also in September of each given year.
It looks dry, and not nearly as abrupt. Is that my imagination?
Old September 11th, 2010, 22:51
NAXJA Forum User

Your '08 video is how I remember it, from a year or so ago (I believe). Looks like that obstacle has been beat to hell.

Looks like everyone did quite well, Ira just going a little faster than others, lol.
Old September 11th, 2010, 23:41
Headbanging Hillbilly

I had an awesome time! It was good to get up north and wheel with some of my northern peeps
People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous. Edmund Burke
Old September 12th, 2010, 09:10
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRaptor View Post
I had an awesome time! It was good to get up north and wheel with some of my northern peeps
MAN!!!! I bet you wuz a tired puppy by the time you got home huh?
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:07
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypoid View Post
It looks dry, and not nearly as abrupt. Is that my imagination?
It was very dry up there, dusty as all get out. The obstacle was filled in spots and without the tree there it is less restrictive on bypassing all together. Not as abrupt as you described it making the main obstacle not all that difficult anymore.

However past that where you drive through the creek the areas that follow parallel to the creek are really washed out. Even kind of dangerous tippy stuff. Parts of the trail I would to say has been down-graded. Traildamage which is funny downgraded from a top 6 to a 4 now. Still fun little offshoot of Rollins pass and for more stock vehicles still a little challenge.

SO where is everyones pics? I hope I was not the only one with a camera? I know there was two others floating around snapping shots............
Old September 12th, 2010, 11:11
NAXJA Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren mcclellan View Post
He also had to work that night at 11pm I believe, so not only head south, but get a nap.
Old September 12th, 2010, 15:19
Headbanging Hillbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by loren mcclellan View Post
Yup, was very tired but had to go to work shortly after getting home. I had enough time for an hours nap, a shower then off to work.
People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous. Edmund Burke
Old September 12th, 2010, 15:32
Headbanging Hillbilly

Quote:
It was very dry up there, dusty as all get out. The obstacle was filled in spots and without the tree there it is less restrictive on bypassing all together. Not as abrupt as you described it making the main obstacle not all that difficult anymore.

However past that where you drive through the creek the areas that follow parallel to the creek are really washed out. Even kind of dangerous tippy stuff. Parts of the trail I would to say has been down-graded. Traildamage which is funny downgraded from a top 6 to a 4 now. Still fun little offshoot of Rollins pass and for more stock vehicles still a little challenge.

SO where is everyones pics? I hope I was not the only one with a camera? I know there was two others floating around snapping shots............
X2 was dusty as hell! This was my first time up Jenny Creek and I had a really good time! Nothing challenging, just a wonderful drive with some beautiful views! There were some areas parallel to the creek that were washed out a bit, one section Ranger Rick started was so washed out, only half the trail was left and dangerously off camber.

My girlfriend took a few pics Matt, I will have to get them from her and post them. May be this weekend though.

Oh, it was Saturday the 11th not the 10th Matt.....
Old September 12th, 2010, 15:37
Headbanging Hillbilly

Quote:
Ira was just moving faster than all of us cause he had to pee..............

(no not really)

He must have been hungry or something though, because right after he asked when and where we were going to stop to eat.

Yeah, was a bit hungry....... no breakfast Some in my club call me Mario...... remember
Old September 12th, 2010, 15:44
Headbanging Hillbilly

Quote:

Skully

What is funny look at my video from two years ago same obstacle on Jenny Creek when I had only a factory Trac-Loc and 31" Truxus MTs.

Then re-watch the current video from today.

BIG difference not only in my walking up the obstacle, but the changes of the obstacle, and both were also in September of each given year.
Yes, big difference for sure! You drove up it like it wasn't there this time! The obstacle has changed quite a bit from what I can tell, no tree and dug out a bit more...... not to mention drier!