• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubicon Moabs. I has them.

Stallacrew

NAXJA Forum User
I came across a set of Rubicon Moabs and bought them only to find out that they are 17x9. I need 15's since I will reuse my tires and didn't really think about it so I am letting them go for what I paid for them. They are pull offs from a new Wrangler and they have no marks on them that I can see. These are rims only with no tires.

It is a set of FIVE (5) rims and I will let them go for what I have in them. I will deliver/ meet within a reasonable distance, but trust me that won't be more than an hours drive one way. They are located in Tuscaloosa Alabama.

Price $600

I will have pictures of them up as soon as I get a card reader for my M2 Sony phone card. I can however send you a picture of them to your cell phone.

--Alex

Please don't low ball

Edit: I have school so I will get to you when I can, I apologize.

Or you can send the pics to your email from your phone. Then upload appropriately.

See I have free picture messages but I dont think I have email messaging for pictures I will try.

Good idea and thank you.

Viola Pictures......

DSC00059.jpg

DSC00058.jpg

DSC00057.jpg

Note: Those were taken a day before I bought them cause I wanted to think about it. So the pictures are maybe 2 weeks old. Nice rims, but I goofed.

If they are 17x9, they are 2007-2009 JK Rubicon Moabs and are a 5x5 bolt pattern. The Rubicon Moabs that will fit a TJ or XJ are from 2003-2006, which are 16x8 on a 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Just making sure that someone else doesnt buy them and end up not being able to use them like you did. ;)

Chris is correct, they are 5X5 lug pattern.

Also Moabs never came smaller than 16" so you won't be able to use Moabs with your tires.

......... I need 15's since I will reuse my tires and didn't really think about it so I am letting them go for what I paid for them....

I wasnt thinking that the lug pattern would change in the new ones. I saw Moabs, knew that I wanted them and jumped on the deal. I brought the fella down $150 on them so I thought I was doing pretty good. I can't use them and am trying to find someone who can. It's either use them with new tires when I need new ones and get an adapter plate, or get rid of them.

I wasn't hoping for anything; hoping would have been if I THOUGHT they might work. I never questioned they would work because I didnt really think about there being 2 different moab rims.

Trades still considered and cash is always nice too.

You could always buy adapters and just use them.

To do that, a few things would have to happen. I would sell my rims and tires, which wouldn't bring much money even though the tires (30's) have good tread. AND I would have to buy the adapters (which I will questimate to be around $200, maybe more). And then on top of that, I would have to buy new tires to fit the 17's.

Would it look good? Very likely.......would be it be cost effective for a college student? No.

Still for sale. Thanks but no thanks for your help Chris.

--Alex

nothing to do with jeeps is cost effective!

Dude..don't you have a NICE set of 16x7 Icon rims...a little rock rash...with some street tires on them? :wave1:

Dude..don't you have a NICE set of 16x7 Icon rims...a little rock rash...with some street tires on them? :wave1:

Haha, yeah I do. I got them from a nice guy for a great price......I thought they were 15's though. Oh well. I was going to put my Big O brand tires on the Moabs, but that wont work.

I like those Icons, but I wanted some Moabs, just so I could be like everyone else.

If YOU decide you want these Moabs, even though you have a set, then you can have them for a discounted price since I got tires from you before for a deal.

I thought I might try something else, guess not.

Anyhow, those Icons are holding up nice though. And I am soooooo glad i bought them too, because a few weeks after I got them my front driver side blew on my ZJ and tore up the fender and left me needing a set.....so I used the ones from you.

Back