• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Our 2012 SRT8 Grand Cherokee (WK2)

Gawd I love the feel of new tires....... :D

These Pirelli's are stupid-quiet on the road. Better than the Yokos. Generally, we had to keep the tire pressure down to 33 psi in the Yokos to get a good ride. (can't go lower as the TPS' in the tires set off the warning light at 32) The Pirelli's are currently at 38 psi and seem to ride real nice. Might bump them down to 35 psi and see what that's like.

Drives totally different now too...... the alignment was off front and rear. All 4 tires were wearing real thin on the inside shoulders. Steering feels tighter and definitely more true than it's felt in a while.

Brakes should be here late next week...... :thumbup:

Here's some useless - yet interesting - info.......

Just got the new rotors via UPS. I couldn't believe how heavy the box was!

Comparo between SRT8 and XJ:

IMG_20140917_161636836_zpsbtxlngxn.jpg

Here's what was more shocking to me....... the XJ rotor weighs 14.2 lbs. The SRT8....... 34.7 lbs..... :eek: That box was over 70 lbs!

5200 lbs of fat pig..... But it doesn't handle like a fat pig, not even remotely.

Got the brake pads today. Again, heavy little box. 4 pads weigh 9 friggin pounds.....

IMG_20140918_191841098_zpsov10fov6.jpg

Last edited:
There is an open track day next week in pueblo on friday. 2 for 1. $75 a piece.
If you're free...
Those brakes look badass btw

Unfortunately the wife ain't gonna allow any track time with the $1500 winter tires on.

Before spring, we'll be getting another set of Yokos on the other set of wheels so I may try to pry the Jeep away from her..... :D

I just bought a car for what you paid in tires :)
Thread coming soon... been looking at bmws porsches and hondas/toyotas.

Brake install day. Pretty easy really, took some coordination to get all 6 caliper pistons to push in with out pushing others out, but otherwise, pretty cool brake system.

Scrubbing the calipers.....

IMG_20140921_172214087_HDR_zpskrhhpecv.jpg

All done and purdy....

IMG_20140921_162611934_HDR_zps3nfqhib2.jpg

Last edited:
Well what do you think SHOULD be done with non-VIN'd program cars that are just gonna get crushed anyway? Send 'em off in a blaze of glory - seems fitting to me. I certainly would have jumped at the opportunity to boil some tires into oblivion while attempting to learn drifiting in cars I don't have to care about..... in a heartbeat.

At the end of the video, it also sounds like Dodge is gonna let them scavenge the cars for the engines/drivetrains to put into future Road Kill projects.... I'm good with that.

And no, you can't donate performance cars like the Hellcat or Viper to vocational schools....... kids can't follow the rules and leaves the automaker with legal woes:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/news/a7277/chrysler-crushing-first-vipers-video/

546b349d880e6_-_viperdestruction-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Grrrrrr.........

Windshield cracked. Installer comes to the wife's work to do the replacement. Job gets done, he gives her the invoice and tells her....

"The last install wasn't done right at all. Large areas where there was no adhesion. The channel is rusted pretty bad - worst case I've seen in my install career. But you're all set now!"

He takes my wife out to the truck and shows her the old windshield and she tells me she sees spots on the adhesive where there is chunks of orange rusty bits......

I call the windshield company boss. He assures me this isn't unusual and his installers grind the rust to bare metal, primer, then sealer, then adhesive in all affected areas. He's going to speak with the installer to find out what his "worst case he's seen" really means...... but he's confident the issue was treated properly.

Of course no photos were taken of the rusty areas before the new windshield went in. I'm having the boss send me photos of the rust on the adhesive of the old windshield.

Why the f a w k wouldn't the installer stop, and get my wife to see the "worst case" of rust he's ever seen before he covers it up?!?!?!?! :mad:

:banghead:

Factory glass came out?

Rusty windshields on a 3 year old vehicle?

Replaced the OEM one the first year we got it. We're thinking it was the same company too..... gotta look through our receipts.

Yeah, rusty......WTF? Can't imagine why this is happening.

Install company boss sent me a photo of a piece of the old sealer/glue the installer removed that had the rusty bits on it. He says this is the only bit of rust and it was sanded, primed, sealed and glued over.

I asked him to confirm that was the only area and not all around the windshield channel..... haven't gotten a reply back yet.

If this is the only spot, I wouldn't call this close to the worst case of windshield channel rot I've seen. Thinking the installer may have been a bit dramatic...... which makes me wanna go punch him in the throat......

1749_zpsczkqixya.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow. Way to just ignore the opportunity to educate and help the customer. That sucks man. Looked for water issues below the window/behind the dash???

Back