• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Feeler: '01 XJ with 2.5" Lift & MTs

I may be no expert, but why the hell would someone overpay 75% on a vehicle so YOU can pay off YOUR debt. Seems like the most logical solution in a situation like this is sell it for the value price and take a loss.

His ride, his thread, his price.
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
If you feel you need to voice your opinion, PM him.

Last edited:
His ride, his thread, his price.
If you don't like the price, don't buy it.
If you feel you need to voice your opinion, PM him.

x2

I may be no expert, but why the hell would someone overpay 75% on a vehicle so YOU can pay off YOUR debt. Seems like the most logical solution in a situation like this is sell it for the value price and take a loss.

I'm asking what I'm asking because it has a ton of money invested in new parts. New rear leaves (the highest quality on the market, OME), new head, and a complete rebuild of the transfer case. If you want to talk price we can PM...

Thanks!

Price is now $5000. If a mod or someone could edit the OP then that'd be great...if not, I'm asking $5000...it's got a few squeaks in it...headliner is falling down as well (god I hate that thing)...

Thanks for the price change...I'm looking for a Ford Ranger or a Toyota Tacoma...

Interior pics are coming, it's just raining outside...and it's 4/20...

If you are seriously trying to sell this vehicle, you are going to have to understand that when you put money in any car (lift, tires, etc.) you can not expect to get that money back out of it. Just like when a new car is purchased from a dealer, as soon as it drives off of the lot its value instantly decreases. Same for the parts you put on your jeep, the moment you took them out of the box they were not worth near as much as you paid for them.
Just my 2 cents, but you are going to be trying to sell this jeep for a long time asking $5000. Look up what similarly equipped rigs have gone for and you will see numbers around $3500. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or give you a hard time, just telling you what I have personally learned from selling many vehicles.

Last edited:
If you are seriously trying to sell this vehicle, you are going to have to understand that when you put money in any car (lift, tires, etc.) you can not expect to get that money back out of it. Just like when a new car is purchased from a dealer, as soon as it drives off of the lot its value instantly decreases. Same for the parts you put on your jeep, the moment you took them out of the box they were not worth near as much as you paid for them.
Just my 2 cents, but you are going to be trying to sell this jeep for a long time asking $5000. Look up what similarly equipped rigs have gone for and you will see numbers around $3500. I'm not trying to be sarcastic or give you a hard time, just telling you what I have personally learned from selling many vehicles.

x2. If the KBB value in "good condition" (which doesn't include sagging headliners and exhaust leaks/check engine light being on I assume) is ~$4000 then it doesn't matter how much money you've put into it, that money went towards getting it to THAT value. Good luck with the sale though :wave:

cherokeexj.jpg

We managed 5000 out of that after 3 months of attempting to sell it.

98 XJ with 126k miles skyjacker 8 inch rockready lift, geared 4.10s on 35 tsls, fully loaded. Over 5000 worth of aftermarket parts, we took a loss, but thats the market these days.
Just for comparison. You may get your asking price if you wait long enough, but nobodys going to come running at you with 5k.

The jeep had no issues btw. headliner was perfect, interior was perfect, only issue was the fiberglass damage on the front driver side of the front clip.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=994305
The original for sale thread on this forum.

Last edited:
Price is $3700. Just knocked a $1300 off. No more squeaks (found it and fixed it). Also comes with some shocks that I had laying around for it...

This thread is closing (if a mod could close it.) I want to open a new one that reflects the new price and new info...

Last edited:
Back