• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OTK interference

shimmy

NAXJA Forum User
did a search, but nothing turned up addressing OTK problems on d30... i already converted my steering to the inverted t setup, but still UTK. It looks like if i just swap up over the knuckle the draglink will hit my JKS TB relocation bracket and coil buckets! Those with d30's and OTK, with an inverted T setup, how did ya'll go about fixing this problem?

brandon

it would hit the TB mount on the axle side (JKS relocation bracket) or where the coil bucket meets that bracket... where you weld the relocation bracket to the coil bucket

Thread jacking a touch here, but same issues...
This is exactly what I'm dealing with right now and I don't have it figured out as of yet. I have picked up a Teraflex hi steer knuckle that has a short nub for the passenger side tie rod connection that I would like to go OTK with. I have cut and ground off the TB mount and have ground down the coil bucket as much as possible right up next to the coil spring stop on the bucket. I plan on laying the new JKS bracket right on the coil bucket/spring stop as tight as possible to gain as much clearance as possible and attach it to the front side of the axle tube. I also cut the front 45 deg on the JKS bracket straight down vertically to gain more clearance and I can run a vertical pc of steel upwards along this cut to use as a new sway bar mount to replace what has also been cut off. I have done a lot of grinding on this JKS bracket and what I would give for just another inch, damn, that what she said! I getting about 60% of a full lock on a right hand turn and I wish I could get more! Has anyone every extended their tie rod mount on their knuckles safely? I really want to go over the top, but I might have to give up and go under......Anyone have any ideas for these clearance issues?

You have to mount the tb bracket along side the coil bucket instead of in front of it. Your track bar will also need shortened about 3" when you do that. Forgive me for saying this, but Rusty's OTK stuff sucks, but his brackets(minus the swaybar extensions) for that kit were pretty good. Mostly his tb relocator. He also has shorter tb's but I just cut mine down and rethreaded the adjustable end.

What I did:
http://community.webshots.com/album/170560540JhoBHF

OTK inverted Y, running stock geometry.
All tube is DOM....with bends for clearance and to maintain proper TRE operating angles. I removed the bung from the stock draglink and incorperated it into my new one. Track bar is out of the way and TRE's are off the shelf 1/2T Chevy units, ES150. Rig is daily driven and wheeled regularly. I've run this setup for 1.5 years with 0 problems.....other than the swaybar disco heims are getting noisy, which I'm gonna rework with some ORGS extenders and a poly bushed setup.

XJEEPER said:
What I did:
http://community.webshots.com/album/170560540JhoBHF

OTK inverted Y, running stock geometry.
All tube is DOM....with bends for clearance and to maintain proper TRE operating angles. I removed the bung from the stock draglink and incorperated it into my new one. Track bar is out of the way and TRE's are off the shelf 1/2T Chevy units, ES150. Rig is daily driven and wheeled regularly. I've run this setup for 1.5 years with 0 problems.....other than the swaybar disco heims are getting noisy, which I'm gonna rework with some ORGS extenders and a poly bushed setup.

Nice job there...you moved the tb in beside the coil pad.

Very clean looking.

Hamy.

Back