• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NACFest 2019 To-Do list

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
What the heck, I'll start it this year...

Thankfully, right now I have no "fix this or I can't drive it" issues, they're all more in the "nice to have" category:

1. Fix floors
2. Install Headlight Harness
3. Redo Driving Light wiring (relays melted a few years ago)
4. Check/adjust parking brakes
5. Update my CB remote mike cable extension (works, but I'm worried about robustness/fragility)
6. Replace passenger tail light sockets with 97+ sockets (just have to do the splicing)

And, of course, the most important thing to do on the Jeep (direct from the Department of First-World Problems):

7. Build a little door panel to cover that little cubby under the glove box on 84-96 models so I can move my older NACFest Dash Plaques down there and free up space on the glove box itself - I ran out of room on the glove box for new plaques after mounting the one from 2016! :conceited

Look forward to catching up with everyone.

Need to do:

Install warrenty replacement locker pumps once I get them .

Fluid changes on oil, and transfer case.

That's really it that needs to be done, but I'm sure I'll add to the want list and be stressing to get it all done last minute like every other year.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just got my gas tank skid installed, so I can cross that off the list, only ordered it during a black Friday sale...

My air lockers were leaking a bit at Winterfest, need to take a look at that.

Address the front end a little more, it sits too high, I also need to adjust steering stops.

Put my winch back on whenever warn decides fix it and send it back to me...

The Rv needs the 2nd a/c wired up.

mac 'that's it for the moment' gyvr

Got my headlight harness installed, just have to check/tweak the headlight alignment now.

Looking like Fiona needs a new battery and definitely rear leaf bushings...I have them now to knock the old ones out and do away with one of the clunks!

Done:
Aquire new (to me) XJ
Pull suspension from old XJ and install on new XJ
33" tires

Need to do:
SYE
Engine/Trans mounts
Make some Sway bar discos
Install CB radio
figure out a rear recovery point.
Come up with a solution for tool storage

When I did the headlight harness I swapped out what I thought was the one fried relay with a spare, over the weekend I finally had a chance to play with the lights and I've confirmed that pretty much all the wiring is shot.

What I have now:

1. Trigger lines tapped off both high and low beam wires on D/S, each passes through a weatherproof ATC Mini-Fuse holder and the two lines go together to relay #1 to trigger the lights. Only one of the ATC-Mini holders has a fuse, I move it to select low- or high-beam trigger (put this in to satisfy NJ inspection years ago, so my "fog lights" were properly triggered by the lows, but still allow easily changing back to triggering off the highs as per install instructions once I had my sticker).

2. OEM foglight switch on dash (truck did not have originally, added) triggers relay #2 for independent manual activation of lights.

Both paths are inoperative - seeing voltage at both ATC-Mini fuse holders, but the wiring from there to the #1 relay is toast. Similarly, no power getting from the dash switch to the #2 relay (which turned out to ALSO be dead), and nothing's getting through to the lights from either relay, and both light bulbs do work. Since I used non-sealed splices to put the original wiring together, everything between the ATC-Mini holders and the lights, and everything between the dash switch and the lights must now be redone.

But redone it will be, with proper heat-shrink-sealed connections and a nice aux. relay-and-fuse box (researching those online), so I can get it fixed properly.

Between getting the Hellas working and the relay harness on my main lights, this thing's gonna be able to signal the Moon when I'm done...

Finish the rear disc conversion
Bleed brakes
Alignment
Get inspected
Hope it drives ok still and nothing else breaks

Just got my gas tank skid installed, so I can cross that off the list, only ordered it during a black Friday sale...

My air lockers were leaking a bit at Winterfest, need to take a look at that.

Address the front end a little more, it sits too high, I also need to adjust steering stops.

Put my winch back on whenever warn decides fix it and send it back to me...

The Rv needs the 2nd a/c wired up.

mac 'that's it for the moment' gyvr

I am down to wiring up the second a/c in the rv and washing my jeep and doing a little clean up from a wheeling trip last weekend...

mac 'I think/hope' gyvr

Finish the rear disc conversionDONE
Bleed brakes DONE
Alignment DONE
Get inspected
Hope it drives ok still and nothing else breaks
Oil Change
Fluid checks
The disc brake conversion worked out and I have an ebrake for the first time in this jeep. Still need to take it above 30 to see how it drives but for now I'm just about set.

Last edited:
Nacfest isn't enough motivation? You silly goose.
Make sure to get here I have more fishing spots to point you to.:shhh:

Nacfest isn't enough motivation? You silly goose.
Make sure to get here I have more fishing spots to point you to.:shhh:

I'm currently trying to get the AC to work, so my motivation is stuck on that. Luckily, as we all know, rear shocks should take me about 30 minutes to put in.

I'm currently trying to get the AC to work, so my motivation is stuck on that. Luckily, as we all know, rear shocks should take me about 30 minutes to put in.

Ah got it. What's the problem? Got a leak somewhere or an electrical issue? Keep in mind I have an 00 I'm parting out that has all good AC parts minus the compressor.

Ah got it. What's the problem? Got a leak somewhere or an electrical issue? Keep in mind I have an 00 I'm parting out that has all good AC parts minus the compressor.

PS if I were you, I'd give them shocks a try sooner rather than later if I were you. The upper bolts can be a bear and snap some times. There are work arounds if that happens, but it takes time to either drill and tap them or to get and put in the little kit that's sold now to get a better setup out of it. I think Victor knows who sells it.
Just in case.:wow:

To do-

- figure out how manageable the trans oil leak is.
- install lapbelts
- find spare
- bigger battery?
- get used to strange driving position.

Back