• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Browns camp run 5/5

bmikes

NAXJA Forum User
Hey as the title says I'm going out to browns on this coming Sunday the 5th. My rig is lifted on 33's and so is the other XJ coming with me. Anyone is welcome, but I want to try and run fire break five, hogs back, and whatever else we come on depending on conditions.

Ill be getting to the staging area right off the highway around 8:30 am.

I don't know my way around there and would love some experienced guys to come out to lead the way!

Where is Browns camp? I still need to cut out my fenders and if I can get time this week to do that I might be able to make it. Though I'm open open on 3.5" lift and 32's

Re: Re: Browns camp run 5/5

Where is Browns camp? I still need to cut out my fenders and if I can get time this week to do that I might be able to make it. Though I'm open open on 3.5" lift and 32's

Your set up is do-able for a lot of place at browns camp. Important things to have with that set up is recovery points front and rear and patience. Pick the line that puts the most contact with the ground as possible. Make sure to remove your sway bars as that will help your articulation and ground contact.

If I get my fenders cut out in time, sure! But I still don't know where Browns camp is. It would also be a shake down run for me too since getting the lift on.

going to look at why one of my control arms is making a clunking noise, but after the wife kid and I might make it out there for a little wheeling .

Here are directions per google:

Head west on US-26 W toward Exit 69A
About 16 mins
go 15.9 mi
total 15.9 mi

Slight left onto OR-6 W/NW Wilson River Hwy (signs for Banks/Tillamook)
About 20 mins
go 18.8 mi
total 34.8 mi

Turn left onto F B I Rd
About 57 secs
go 226 ft
total 34.8 mi

F B I Rd turns slightly right and becomes Saddle Mountain Rd
About 3 mins
go 0.7 mi
total 35.5 mi

Turn right to stay on Saddle Mountain Rd
About 2 mins
go 0.5 mi
total 36.0 mi

Slight left to stay on Saddle Mountain Rd
go 0.1 mi
total 36.1 mi

Turn left onto Beaver Dam Rd
About 2 mins
go 0.4 mi
total 36.5 mi

Beaver Dam Rd turns slightly right and becomes Owl Camp Rd
Destination will be on the left
About 2 mins
go 0.4 mi
total 36.9 mi

Browns Camp OHV Staging Area
GALES CREEK, OR 97117‎

Here are directions per google:

Head west on US-26 W toward Exit 69A
About 16 mins
go 15.9 mi
total 15.9 mi

Slight left onto OR-6 W/NW Wilson River Hwy (signs for Banks/Tillamook)
About 20 mins
go 18.8 mi
total 34.8 mi

Turn left onto F B I Rd
About 57 secs
go 226 ft
total 34.8 mi

F B I Rd turns slightly right and becomes Saddle Mountain Rd
About 3 mins
go 0.7 mi
total 35.5 mi

Turn right to stay on Saddle Mountain Rd
About 2 mins
go 0.5 mi
total 36.0 mi

Slight left to stay on Saddle Mountain Rd
go 0.1 mi
total 36.1 mi

Turn left onto Beaver Dam Rd
About 2 mins
go 0.4 mi
total 36.5 mi

Beaver Dam Rd turns slightly right and becomes Owl Camp Rd
Destination will be on the left
About 2 mins
go 0.4 mi
total 36.9 mi

Browns Camp OHV Staging Area
GALES CREEK, OR 97117‎

Thanks for the info, I'll make note of it for the future. It's a bit further than I thought it might be so I'll have to pass on it this time. Hope everyone has a great time!

Thanks for the info, I'll make note of it for the future. It's a bit further than I thought it might be so I'll have to pass on it this time. Hope everyone has a great time!

No problem man, it was a bit late to get a group together I know.

Anyone else who knows the trails well able/want to come?

We haven't been to either of those trails but have a map and are willing to explore and hunt them down . I don't think they will be hard to find .

We haven't been to either of those trails but have a map and are willing to explore and hunt them down . I don't think they will be hard to find .

I don't think they should be. I've only been out to browns a handful of times but we should be able to find them!

Tempting, this week has been crazy busy. It'd be nice to get out, but I don't think I can swing three weekends in a row.

If you got a map, and have a basic sense of direction, TSF is really easy to navigate.

Tempting, this week has been crazy busy. It'd be nice to get out, but I don't think I can swing three weekends in a row.

If you got a map, and have a basic sense of direction, TSF is really easy to navigate.

Says the person that got lost during the team trophy challenge.

Back