• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

"Vehicle specific" information

dnp

NAXJA Forum User
Does DC (or others) have a site or service whereby you can provide them with the VIN of an XJ, and they'll be able to tell you with what equipment that vehicle came? (e.g., I don't have the original window sticker, but I want to know with what all options my XJ came)

Thanks,

dnp

take a trip to your local friendly dealer... and go either into parts or service give them vin and they can generate the printout for you...

Kejtar

Thanks for the advice; however, when I just tried that, they said they couldn't go back farther than 1990 (of course, mine WOULD be an '89)

Does anyone know if DC offer this service directly? If so, where's the place to contact them?

Thanks,

dnp

dnp said:
Does DC (or others) have a site or service whereby you can provide them with the VIN of an XJ, and they'll be able to tell you with what equipment that vehicle came? (e.g., I don't have the original window sticker, but I want to know with what all options my XJ came)

I don't know if there's a web site, but if you take the VIN to a dealer they can print out a "build sheet" for the vehicle. Go to the service department, not sales or parts. Also, I don't know if this is true for all years but in 1988 there was a copy of the build sheet inside the driver's door, accessible by pulling the trim panel.

It's easier than you think. Go to www.jeep.com, contact us, customer assistance page. Tell them the VIN of your jeep and you'd like to know what came on it at the time of purchase from the factory. I've done this for both my '89 YJ and '96 XJ. They will email you a comprehensive list about the vehicle, including gear ratios, transmission models, extra packages, etc. They have great customer service - which just makes you want to go out and buy another jeep :).

Back