• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Adopt a newb.

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
I had mentioned this after oh nine wf, and I still think it's something that we should explore and have a brain stomping, er, stroming session here...

I think that the vets should take under their wing atendees that are first time w/fers. This may set alot of them at ease of showing up with all of us a-hole midwest bullies if they have a friend to talk to before, and to hold their hands on the trails and at the fire..

Dan, I still am in favor of this as well. I think it would be beneficial if some of WF newbies had someone to help them out and show them around. And it would definatly make some of them a bit more at ease at the campfire if they knew someone or had someone to hang out with (for the non-social butterfly types), kind of like a "Big Brother" in a fraternity. With that being said, bring on the sheep! :D

I was a newb last year and really yall made me feel pretty comfy that I really didn't need much guidance.

But you really have to just talk to people. We don't bite.

AN easy grondbreaking subject is ofcourse his/her Jeep. LOL Everyone loves talking about there heep.

In. I am by far not a pro but i can offer assistance to some newbs.

I'm still on board with this. Great idea.
We could set this up pretty easily really.

I'm still on board with this. Great idea.
We could set this up pretty easily really.

I can volunteer here as well.

I may suggest that this program be offered to everyone, but a Big Brother would only be assigned after a pre-registration is Paid.

You may want to have a cut-off date as well, so as not to cause a lot of confusion at the last minute too close to the event.

BOB

You might even do a group thing like maybe 4 newbs to a veteran. i am up for giving a guided tour for newbs. It's always fun watching peoples faces when they rub there first rock on the underside of there jeeps!!!!!

You might even do a group thing like maybe 4 newbs to a veteran. i am up for giving a guided tour for newbs. It's always fun watching peoples faces when they rub there first rock on the underside of there jeeps!!!!!

Haha! Been there done that but it helps when you have wheeled with buddies in their Junk before you get your own jeep! I'm glad Hale suggested i get rails I rubbed the paint off of them in a jiff, thats sure better than my rockers!

As the official greeter of female attendies of WF.....I would be happy to show Tess the ins and outs of WF.

Rev

I've already made the "Executive Decision" but, if you provide pics, I may change my mind.

SHould we create a thread were the Newbs can identify them selves.

Then we can adopt them if they are not too scared lol.
No, not yet. I think that would be kind of hard to follow.

Closer to D-Day, I'll post that all volunteers and noobs post up in a dedicated thread. Then, we(me/WF staff/BOD)or Dan :D............. can match everyone up.

"we" ? You get one WF under your belt and you're an ol' timer now? :laugh3:
You're still a noob youself........the sheep didn't show up last year. :D

Back