• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What diff fluid for ARB?

Roxtar

NAXJA Forum User
Can anyone tell me what diff fluid is recommended for an ARB locker?

My ARB locker manual calls out for SAE 90wt both front and rear. Its good from 10deg F to 212deg F. If it gets colder I think it says 80w-140 or something similar.

After the install I ran conventional 75w-90. I switched to 85W-140 because of the extreme heat and lack of cold winter temps out here. Never had issues with either.

I dont run ARB's but I started running full synthetic 80-140w IIRC. after my gear and locker install.

I ran 75-90 Mobil 1 Synthetic. With the amt of $ of the arb U want to run the best, check the diff often after deep water crossing and such too. I checked mine right after the really deep 1st water crossing on Fordyce because that crossing swallows up 37's. Very deep water there.

kid4lyf said:
Can anyone tell me what diff fluid is recommended for an ARB locker?

ARB's chart is based on type of service and temperature,its comparible to Jeeps specs!

Back