• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF Aug 17-19 Pictures and Trip Reports!

WheelinJR

NAXJA Forum User
Ok here's my official report.

Attendees: Kevin (WesternXJ), Rod (mojojojo), Joe (WaXJ_Skier), Dustin (TORX), JR (WheelinJR), Rod's friend Mike, Mike's girl Goldie, Rod's kids Devon and Willow, and on saturday Lin (exo'd Toyota below) and Steve (Outdoors) joined us for a while

Our friday night run started a little rocky with Rod bending a tie-rod and Joe blowing a rear diff on Mini-Rubicon. We replaced the tie-rod on trai, and nursed Joe back to camp. We then paused for food, and hit the trails again. Pretty good night run, just a couple trails, I think Hoodraiser and Hog's back were in the mix.

Saturday's run went a little better. We met up with Lin and later Steve, and drove thru to Mini-Rubi where Rod made another attempt to get up it, but will blame a moved rock for his failed attempts :gag: .

We then proceeded to run Firebreak 5, where Dustin had a little trouble with low clearance and a big rock. A little tug from Lin and he was on his way. We then worked up to the rock garden and Rod proceeded to bend tie rod #2, and is now sporting my Hi--Lift jack handle as a steering component. We repaired it there and continued through the rest of Firebreak 5 and headed back to camp, stopping along the way to watch Lin and a couple of other people we didn't know play around on Crushers.

One old school Bronco fought a little bit but made his way through, and then his friend in a chopped back Cherokee on 37" boggers came thru, got pinned, busted a window, dented a door, dented a rear quarter, and then blew out an alloy outer in his Dana 30 (that's right D30 + 37" boggers).

Lin walked all around the Crushers and made it look like a highway, was pretty fun to watch.

Once we got back to camp, it was your usual night of food, beer, and conversation. Joe went to work swapping the rear axle that he and Rod had to drive back to Gresham to get.

Funny Story: While we are hanging out sitting in the rain, motorcycles are ripping around the camp, being a little annoying, and eventually work their way behind our campsite. Then they tried to shoot a mudhole, and buried one bike to the seat, and got another stuck. We laughed at them for a while and cracked jokes at their expense, and then proceeded to drag them out with Rod's winch.

Rod then decided he should show them up and drive thru said mudhole, and that ended in me dragging him out of the mud with a towstrap. HAHA Rod finally got stuck!

The rest of the night was fun, filled with laughter and conversation, way too many viewings of Mike's buttcheeks, and Rod standing on top of Mike's quad to take a pee.

Fun times all around.

Cliffnotes: Two bent tie rods, one hilift jack handle, one blown rear end, Rod stuck in a mudhole, and unwelcome moonings from Mike.

Pictures:

----Friday----

tsf005.jpg

tsf007.jpg

tsf006.jpg

tsf009.jpg

tsf010.jpg

----Saturday----

tsf011.jpg

tsf012.jpg

tsf013.jpg

tsf014.jpg

to be continued...

opracer315 said:
Why did Joe remove his complete rear axle? Looks like a good time.

He wasted spider gears in his D35, and all we had was Rod's spare D35. Rod's was limited slip, so we assumed there would be compatibility issues with the spiders, and chose just to swap the entire axle.

WheelinJR said:
He wasted spider gears in his D35, and all we had was Rod's spare D35. Rod's was limited slip, so we assumed there would be compatibility issues with the spiders, and chose just to swap the entire axle.
I hope the swaped axle had 4.10's or Joe knows not to use 4 wheel drive. Boy Joe you sure are learning the hard way. Strip almost naked to wade through 3" water. A water pump at NW Fest. How many track bar bolts? And now this.

WheelinJR said:

The mini Rubicon has wasted a lot of rear-ends. Mine still has scars.

Looks like you guys had a good time!

Just got home, traffic sucked the whole way back.

opracer315 said:
I hope the swaped axle had 4.10's or Joe knows not to use 4 wheel drive. Boy Joe you sure are learning the hard way. Strip almost naked to wade through 3" water. A water pump at NW Fest. How many track bar bolts? And now this.

The answer is 4(track bar bolts), but my latest fix seems to be working it hasn't gotten loose yet after 2 weeks. The swaped axle is 3.55 so no wheeling until I get my D44 regeared to 4.10 so maybe a few weeks.

WheelinJR said:

thats not me, that was survivor guy giving back to nature :rolleyes:

good to hear ya made it back in one piece Joe. I'm workin on videos. Its gonna take a while though. My daughter ran the camera, so the videos are huge. :twak: i didn't get very many pic's. sorry guys, camera crapped out yesterday.

Back