• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM swing away rear spare tire mount with pics

ratherbcamping

NAXJA Forum User
Finally got the OEM spare tire mount on the XJ. It took the best part of a day, but I like the way it looks. Drilling holes in the Jeep was scary and access to the support bracket inside the rear quarter panel is very limited.

This came off my 96 donor and was one of the reasons I bought it. I’m pretty sure this is the 3rd XJ it’s been on, as I don’t think this was the style used in 96. Does anyone know what years these came on XJs?

P5060066.jpg

P5160002.jpg

P5160001.jpg

Damn, thats a nice jeep it would have been tough to drill ;). Looks Good.

I am pretty sure there was no factory tire carrier in 96

nice job, fun drilling and keeping things straight isn't it!

Greenlantern said:
nice, looks like mine! i have a 31 on it now, but soon it will be holding a 33, hope it holds up!

That's good to know. I'm planning to run 31 or 32 once I put the Dana 44 in the back and regear the front. Let me know how it goes.

Was just at a dealership looking at a '96 a friend is thinking of buying and it had the diagonal type carrier that only mounts to the bumper but latches to a plate mounted on the hatch. Not sure if it was original or not.

Back