• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-locker & Diff cover plates

gixj90

NAXJA Forum User
Does any one know of an Electric Locker that does NOT replace the factory style diff cover? I have a D35 truss from Superior & am pleased with it's performance, my detroit locker is dead, so I want to upgrade to a selectable locker. I don't want the hassle (air lines etc) & expense of the ARB, but as far as I know all the E-lockers require a special diff cover that won't work with my truss.

Any reccomendations

Recommendation:

Don't throw any more money at a Dana 35. There is likely a very good reason your Detroit died. Shall I hazzard a guess?

CRASH

You know as well as I do why it bent err... the Detroit messed up. Seriously though, I have been running 33's with a Warn full float kit (yes I know that money could have been better spent, but now that I have the lemons) and have not actually broken anything in the rear end, so I am inclinded to "run what I brung" till it actually breaks. I have replaced the housing with a straight one & installed a Superior Axle truss. (yes more lemons, but I refer you to "run what I brung")

So do you know of an e-locker that retains the factory style cover plate?

No they don't retain the factory cover. But I'm sure that you could fab something up. Carolina Rock Shop made a skid for that cover, I think there is a pic on their web site. www.carolinarockshop.com

I have the same idea, drive what you have. I have a D35 with an ARB, trimmed up shock mounts and a Warn Diff guard. I'm sure I could have spent the money someplace else but the locker came with the rear end for 400 claims so why not I say. Drive it till it breaks and replace. Juice

Back