• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Post NACFest Repair List...

Skorpyo

NAXJA Member #241
NAXJA Member
So what do ya'll have to fix after NACFest? On my list is:
1. Passenger Taillight - probably gonna fab up some beefier housings and go with LEDs. Might move the reverse lights to a custom bumper, but have to check VA laws since I want it to stay street legal.

2. Steering box - need to pull the box, but I'm 99.9% sure the frame is cracked behind the box. Time to swap in that durango box I have, beef up the rail and get a real steering brace, maybe even design a cross-body unit with a tie-in for the box. I'm gonna do the durango box, 4.7 pump and maybe a RAM.

Other stuff...
1. Time to hack out what's left of the rockers and build some weld-in rockers. 2x6 probably.

2. Build a rear bumper and add the tire-carrier I picked up from a local guy for free

3. 3-link front (maybe IRO critical path)

4. D30 Truss, chromoly axles and beefier u-joints

5. 35" tires, probably gonna need some trimming and maybe shackle relocation brackets

Whadda ya'll have to fix or do?

Well, I definitely need to get a new track bar setup, so there's that...
Otherwise, everything appears to still function although I haven't cleaned it off thoroughly enough yet to see..my front end developed some disturbing clicks and pops I first noticed at Saturday's end.
Probly nuthin...hee hee.
Rich

Thought "Critical Path" was the radius arms. Did you mean the "Rock-Link" kit (actual 3-link)?

For my part, have the following (not all caused by NACFest):

1. Figure out why I started getting "Baby Death Wobble" on my drive home and fix it
2. Determine why I have what sounds like belt squeak again.
3. Replace busted JKS swaybar lanyard (D/S got munched while on trails)
4. Convert P/S tail light harness to 97+ sockets (have parts, just need to do the work)
5. Start on floorpan work/passenger side door sill reconstruction

Got a Clayton track bar in today to replace that wimpy RockKrawler...plus all new brake pads and shoes, just waiting on the rear axle seals and it appears I have no other issues besides beating my doors some more so the mirrors point where they are supposed to?...

breakage on cemetery trail. after further review, 2 of the yoke bolts on the front d-shaft backed out, and the last 2 bolts just didn't hold :( (next time i'll use lock tite) new tom woods parts 70$. cable shifter was wiped out that was 95$. getting towed out by keith one case of beer$ charged battery for 20 hours on a 2amp charge, had battery checked and it tested ok. exchanged old fan wiring harness for a new one cost 0$ replace really bad trailer suspension parts 72$ having that bbq sat nite priceless, had a great time see you all soon.

brian

So what do ya'll have to fix after NACFest? On my list is:
1. Passenger Taillight - probably gonna fab up some beefier housings and go with LEDs. Might move the reverse lights to a custom bumper, but have to check VA laws since I want it to stay street legal.

2. Steering box - need to pull the box, but I'm 99.9% sure the frame is cracked behind the box. Time to swap in that durango box I have, beef up the rail and get a real steering brace, maybe even design a cross-body unit with a tie-in for the box. I'm gonna do the durango box, 4.7 pump and maybe a RAM.

Other stuff...
1. Time to hack out what's left of the rockers and build some weld-in rockers. 2x6 probably.

2. Build a rear bumper and add the tire-carrier I picked up from a local guy for free

4. D30 Truss, chromoly axles and beefier u-joints

5. 35" tires, probably gonna need some trimming and maybe shackle relocation brackets

Whadda ya'll have to fix or do?

you got a big list ! red neck ram was cheaper then psc. mines going on 4 years no issues , which jeep were you in ?

you got a big list ! red neck ram was cheaper then psc. mines going on 4 years no issues , which jeep were you in ?

Gun metal blue one with the stinger bumper. I ran with Robs group the last day but mostly with Bens group the other days.

tom woods helped me out, got the front d shaft together, and the new cable shifter in. the cable is't the same length as the old one, but I made it work.

Back