• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parts Sources

tekguy4

NAXJA Forum User
Parts Source Info Request

I have an ever growing parts list for the 88 Laredo I just picked up. this is my first Jeep and as such I am not familar with the best vendors to deal with, so I am looking for online sources (or catalogs) that specialize in Jeeps and stuff (not just aftermarket stuff but replacement and service parts; kind of like LMC does for my Suburban)

Anyways if anyone can reply with some links or info that would be great.
I need stuff like extended brake lines, bushings, U-Bolts, leaf clamps, center pins, heavy duty radiator, and so on.

Thanks Much
Tekguy

Last edited:
Look up at the top of the page next to NAXJA... Click the Vendor.

Come back, hit refresh, click the vendor.

Come back, hit refresh, click the vendor. ..

How's your list doin?

Sniggs said:
Look up at the top of the page next to NAXJA... Click the Vendor.

Come back, hit refresh, click the vendor. ..

How's your list doin?

i got two

Full size XJ and Big Offroad...

try www.quadratec.com for factory replacement parts, but personaly, i go with O'reilly for replacement parts - pretty soon, ill have a lifetime waranty on my entire jeep...

I don't have any. Only a link that says NAXJA Advertiser. No banners here.

Oh yeah, make friends with the local parts store people. I get commercial pricing for a while now which is pretty nice on some items :D (best of all, I can call my order in without having to prepay it ahead of time)

The adverts are a little fluky right now - but I expect that will be resolved soon. I had to reload my laptop (for unrelated reasons,) and now I've got the banners back.

Try a different computer, if you have access to one, and see if that's it. It's also worth Googling around and seeing what you come up with - and get catalogues from Wicks Aircraft Supply and Aircraft Spruce & Supply - they're good for hardware and tools - and they're free...

5-90

Well yeah I see the 'sponsored' links there, but since I this is my first Jeep I was hoping to get some feedback on who the reputable vendors are and who stocks parts and stuff. I guareentee alot of the so-called vendors probably dont stock the partsm they drop ship them from a warehouse, which is fine.

Not all Vendors are created equal.

Plus I figured since these XJ's are extermely popular there must be a vendor out there like LMC Truck. I have an 89 suburban Conversion with every possible option and then some and through LMC I can get just about any part imagianable which cant be done at the local Chevy dealer or parts store.

ANyways anyone got feedback on good vendors?

Yeah I could google for parts to, but thats just too many hits, I could eBay them but I dont want to order a part here a part there.

SO any info on who you think are the best vendors would be great.

Thanks again
Tekguy

tekguy4 said:
Well yeah I see the 'sponsored' links there, but since I this is my first Jeep I was hoping to get some feedback on who the reputable vendors are and who stocks parts and stuff. I guareentee alot of the so-called vendors probably dont stock the partsm they drop ship them from a warehouse, which is fine.
That's true, almost all vendors drop ships from warehouse.
Not all Vendors are created equal.
Yup, LooseNuts, RawBrown and FullSizeXJGear are the ones that are trustworthy, knowledgeable, reliable.

Also what parts are you looking for?

I have had nothing but positive experiences from DPG Offroad.

Lawn Cher' said:
I have had nothing but positive experiences from DPG Offroad.

Yep (above). Dirk is a great guy in that he believes in follow up to make sure you get what you ordered ok. I recommend him to anyone that asks. He gives great pricing on Rubicon Express stuff.

I've used Rusty's for "hard" parts like ARB and WARN stuff. He has great shipping and prices.

PORC can usually beat any price, shipping can be a little wierd. I've bought stuff from Rusty's instead of PORC just because of difference on shipping a few times.

To my knowledge there is nothing like LMC for the XJ.

If you're just looking for "baseline" OEMR parts, give Morris 4x4 Center a look (www.morris4x4center.com)

I've been dealing with them for a couple years now - their prices are pretty good (WAY better than local, even with shipping!) and I've not had any trouble with their service.

Failing that, Google Crown Automotive or Omix-Ada - they both make "OEM" replacement parts for Jeep XJ/MJ, and I've not heard of any trouble with them. I'm sure Q-tec carries Omix-Ada, and a Crown dealer you'll just have to look for.

Once you get out of OEMR, you start having to look a little harder...

5-90

THanks for info, I am looking for stock replacement parts and aftermarket upgrades.

I know I am new here but it seems like it would be a great idea to have another Forum section where Vendors where listed broken into basic categories, and then somehow rated. Doesnt even need to be a forum section, could just be a link on the page, then a form could be posted that people could fill out and submit and a moderator could get a score from the form and average it into the vendors rating.

Seems pretty basic to do and implement to me. Who would you have to send an idea like this to?

tekguy4 said:
THanks for info, I am looking for stock replacement parts and aftermarket upgrades.

I know I am new here but it seems like it would be a great idea to have another Forum section where Vendors where listed broken into basic categories, and then somehow rated. Doesnt even need to be a forum section, could just be a link on the page, then a form could be posted that people could fill out and submit and a moderator could get a score from the form and average it into the vendors rating.

Seems pretty basic to do and implement to me. Who would you have to send an idea like this to?
1. there is a vendor's forum where vendors advertise
2. what you're suggesting takes people and time
3. to post ideas and suggestions you have to do it in the members forum and to get there you need to do this first
4. oh yeah, and who would verify that the form was filled out accurately and that the comments were true?

I only patronize vendors that are NAXJA sponsors...

The 'other ones' may be great guys, have super-duper customer service, or have the "worlds best" this or that, but if they want to see a dime of my money, they better be doing something for this club.

I've spent literally thousands of dollars on aftermarket XJ/MJ parts, and I'm proud to say that most of it has been spent with vendors who sponsor NAXJA.

Back