• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Buying an XJ need help

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
found a xj to buy

its a 93 laredo
4.0 high output
4x4
125 k miles

new paint job

the jeep is in perfect condition inside and out

what would be a good offer
they want 3200 for it but i think i should go lower

what do yall think

i paid 2100 for my 92XJ perfect inside and out with:
full factory skids, 4wd (231), 5-spd, 4.0L, Up Countyr Suspention package, and 235/75r15 BFG All-Terrains at 80% tread
and i think i payed too much.

There are some nice XJ's in the FS section that usualy go for about 1500... (with trail scars)

try to drop him to 2000, and if he wont go any lower - walk IMHO - but then again - i already have MY jeep

www.edmunds.com

They have a pricing calculator for used cars that will zero in on your geographic area. You can also choose to price it as a buyer or a seller. If the price matches the asking price, you're getting a fair deal. If Edmunds spits out a much lower price, print it out and show it to the seller.

FWIW, if the seller is asking $3,200 I would be very surprised if he/she would take $2000. I usually advertise a used car at 10 percent higher than I'm willing to sell it for. If I had a vehicle advertised for $3,200 and you offered me $2,000, you'd be out in the street sitting on your posterior before you could blink.

Alot of times what works is to walk in with cash in hand. If you really want it go with $3200 but offer $2800, probably settle at $3000. Just seems a mite high, I picked up a 97TJ for my daughter for $3000 cash, had to drive 4 hours to Conneticut for it but it was worth it. That was from a private seller but $3200 for a 93 is just a bit too much even with a new paint job. For that amount of money I'd want to look at it in alot more detail such as how long before brakes, tires need replacing, etc. Search around on autotrader.com, thats where I found both our 97TJ's...though it did take about 4 weeks, the Ct sellers were on vacation in florida so they did not get back to me for over a week. Oh, my sons 97TJ was $4000.....

Back