• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Labor day wheeling trip 31st; Red Elephant/Mill creek/ Bill Moore

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
Any takers? Family fun run (If the wife is brave when she hears about the tippy parts)

Out of the 3 day weekend would like to run at least one day.

On trailDamage.com web site they list;

Red Elephant a 6
Mill Creek a 5
Bill Moore a 4

I figured after doing Red Elephant & Mill creek heading up Bill Moore to the lake and frying up some brats for afternoon lunch!

I have one guy with a YJ semi committed to it :)

Anybody? Let me know......

I think I could be persuaded....... All the DNC B.S. should be cleared up way before then, but technically, I'm on call today thru next Sunday..... :dunno:

I'll know more toward the end of the week.

Probably the Truggy. I may not have the '96 after the DNC week. Had a fellow Cop come buy and he liked it so much he said he'd like to buy it - after he too is done with the DNC. :dunno:

If it does sell, I'll be looking for a yellow '98+ to build....... :thumbup:

If I do take the Truggy...... I've GOT to get a muffler on that thing! Having the exhaust dump straight out of the cat just below the cab was murder on my melon! And I gotta get some axle breathers hooked up - the axles have open holes where there should be breathers and I left a few blops of 90W on Spring Creek.... :nono:

We'll see how this week shapes up.

I'm on call for that weekend, won't know if we work until quitting time Friday.

These trails look fun.

To all those wanting to go I say meet at the Starbucks 234 exit, Downieville at 9am Sunday morning the 31st. Hopefully it won't be too busy.

Closer to the end of the week I will see about a role call. If I supply cheesy bratz I need to know how many :)

.....BYOD (Bring your own drinks)!

xjboy said:
Hmm sounds interesting. Possibly if I can find time to put in a new fuel pump.

....it'll take you an hour tops :)

just don't forget to de-pressurize the main line..........unless you want a gas shower........and don't :greensmok while your doing it.

Skully said:
....it'll take you an hour tops :)

just don't forget to de-pressurize the main line..........unless you want a gas shower........and don't :greensmok while your doing it.
I am not so sure its the fuel pump now. I just cleaned my IAC because of bad idle and it sometimes still does it but after it starts to idle high it idles really low and dies. I would be able to make it if there would be a chance of me running only one trail. I have to be back in town to go to the Rocky Mountain Showdown at 5:30.

xjboy said:
I am not so sure its the fuel pump now. I just cleaned my IAC because of bad idle and it sometimes still does it but after it starts to idle high it idles really low and dies. I would be able to make it if there would be a chance of me running only one trail. I have to be back in town to go to the Rocky Mountain Showdown at 5:30.
SAME HERE! you have a '90 right? I have been running that bug for quite a while......I would start it up and run fine then get going and it would hold idle 2500 range, would have to pull over and shut it off and re-start couple times and would fix it. Totally intermittent sometimes right when I started it and sometimes going down the road. Other times coming to a stop it would idle so low it would die on me at a stop.

I did two things; I first replaced my IAC (looked pretty old), still did it, but not so often. Second; I ran a separate ground from the negative cable on the battery to the body somewhere ($8 fix). Knock on wood hasn't done it in like a month. Hypoid had a similar problem and ran a second ground wire off of the TPS sensor to the body and he said it fixed his problem. I have yet to do that one :)

Hypoid sent me a bunch of stuff I can forward to you, send me a PM with your email and I can pass it on care of Hypoid (he's the man! :D)

If we hit the trail head at 9am, we should be done with red elephant and mill creek by 1-2? Bill moore is easy to go down and you can head that way if you want? Let me know.....

Skully said:
SAME HERE! you have a '90 right? I have been running that bug for quite a while......I would start it up and run fine then get going and it would hold idle 2500 range, would have to pull over and shut it off and re-start couple times and would fix it. Totally intermittent sometimes right when I started it and sometimes going down the road. Other times coming to a stop it would idle so low it would die on me at a stop.

I did two things; I first replaced my IAC (looked pretty old), still did it, but not so often. Second; I ran a separate ground from the negative cable on the battery to the body somewhere ($8 fix). Knock on wood hasn't done it in like a month. Hypoid had a similar problem and ran a second ground wire off of the TPS sensor to the body and he said it fixed his problem. I have yet to do that one :)

Hypoid sent me a bunch of stuff I can forward to you, send me a PM with your email and I can pass it on care of Hypoid (he's the man! :D)

If we hit the trail head at 9am, we should be done with red elephant and mill creek by 1-2? Bill moore is easy to go down and you can head that way if you want? Let me know.....
PM Sent

"The man"...You funny guy there Matt! Most of my RENIX knowledge began with two words: "Yes Dear." LOL

First, clean all your grounds. RENIX is kind of sensitive to resistance changes.
Second, go over to OEM Tech and search Idle problems. Pay close attention to replies by 5-90, ECOMike, MikeForte. There are of course others, I just can't recall much this late.

What city/town do you live in xjboy?

Hypoid said:
"The man"...You funny guy there Matt! Most of my RENIX knowledge began with two words: "Yes Dear." LOL

First, clean all your grounds. RENIX is kind of sensitive to resistance changes.
Second, go over to OEM Tech and search Idle problems. Pay close attention to replies by 5-90, ECOMike, MikeForte. There are of course others, I just can't recall much this late.

What city/town do you live in xjboy?
yeah I have been going over the oem tech and just replaced my iac last night it still idles a little high but it has stopped dying from idling too low but it still seems to idle low but then it goes up a little and stays running hopefully I can check the grounds tonight I know last time I did they were pretty bad. But on another note I do believe I will make it ok sunday. Anyone else other than skully? I almost forgot I live in Westminster.

ahead of
xjboy said:
But on another note I do believe I will make it ok sunday. Anyone else other than skully? I almost forgot I live in Westminster.

So far;

Definates;

Skully
XJBOy

Maybe's: (depending on work)

Hypoid
XJnoob
Yellaheep
Dave (Skully's Neighbor has a built YJ)

I needed to post this earlier, so people could plan ahead of time...... :)

Its a three day weekend for most, and usually me and the wife are far far away camping/wheeling. This year is so messed up with funds and unexpected family....... blah!

Skully said:
ahead of

So far;

Definates;

Skully
XJBOy

Maybe's: (depending on work)

Hypoid
XJnoob
Yellaheep
Dave (Skully's Neighbor has a built YJ)

I needed to post this earlier, so people could plan ahead of time...... :)

Its a three day weekend for most, and usually me and the wife are far far away camping/wheeling. This year is so messed up with funds and unexpected family....... blah!
Hey I am just glad that I found some people to wheel with. i usually wheel with my friend brad but his xj has been in the shop for a few weeks with some engine problems and we both have been working so much this summer that we havent even been up once. This summer has been depressing for the XJ she hasnt seen a trail in so long. But hopefully everything works out this weekend and lots fun is had.

Things are looking better for me to go play.

I wish my jeep got better mpg...

So far, so good for me too. Plans are to spend Saturday fixing the axle breather issues so I'm not pollutin' the trail and re-route the rear brake line along the rear axle so I don't rip it off on sumpthin'. Couple other small leak issues and flush the coolant. Should be all it needs....... :thumbup:

Back