• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Peace out WJ, hello short bed 67 GMC

Elguapo

NAXJA Forum User
Welp, as much as I enjoyed the WJ I am a sucker for a short bed chevy.
Couldn't belive it was mine when I was cruising it today with the windows down and gorgeous weather. Not a fan of the body stripe but I will fix that :)
383, long tube headers 700r trans etc. Nice mechanicly and very straight body.
I will lower it and paint it with plasti dip for now. Baby blue with a white top. Also getting a cd deck in the glove box.
She's a keeper
00606_j8VA0V6DKx9_600x450.jpg

00j0j_lj6uOtM0Frr_600x450.jpg

00C0C_kRYjqm7oix2_600x450.jpg

00h0h_eLWxvJ7YmRo_600x450.jpg

67-73 chevy/GMC PU body styles are one of my all time favorites, even though I've always preferred the blue oval to the bowtie. Really sweet looking resto'd truck. :cheers:

Nice swap up Anthony. The '67-'68's - are my favorite too. Looks like a real clean truck, I'm jealous.

Tell us the story on how this came about!

Super jealous. Love the truck. Excited to see what you do with it.

Thank you guys. Had it on a lift and all bushings are replaced, steering all looks new or at least cleaned up. Frame is perfect. No rust. Going to under coat it one of these weekends

No fun story, sometimes its better to be lucky than smart. I got a hold of this guy on a wimb as he was looking for an offroad toy. Turned out we both really liked eachothers toys and that was it. I didn't have a craigslist ad or anythinf, just noticed this guy drop his price from 8 to 10 and contacted him.

Alright, first thing was first..white top
20140713_195549.jpg

20140713_195619.jpg

......and paint it with plasti dip for now. Baby blue with a white top....

Please elaborate on this? How do you go about painting an entire truck in plasti dip???

I'd think that'd be a nightmare to remove in order to do a proper paint job....

I'd also be very concerned about trapping moisture under it and having rust develop under it.... bubbling the surface?

:dunno:

Wish I could justify throwing a few grand at the paint job it deserves. It will be a year or 2 before I go all in on one. Until then plasti dip will give me a hot rod look.
Shit sprays on with a wagner. Lol/ here is the kit I am ordering.
https://www.dipyourcar.com/Professional-Large-Car-Extra-Coverage-Kit-4-Gallons.html

It peels off very easy. I have sprayed my fj wheels and it holds up well. Lots of folks run this on higg wnd cars actually. I have seen a gtr and a porsche done in person.

Yeah, I got uber-curious and spent an hour watching DipYourCar.com youtube videos.

Fonzie answered all my questions..... lol.

Now I'm considering doing my race truck....... :looney:

Biggest issue with me is that it only lasts 2 years before corners start peeling from what I read on line.

Peel it and do another color. I'll have the gun so we can do yours as well Troy. Just buy paint for cheap
Best part about it is you don't habe to prep the garage other than sweeping lol.

How to kick your own ass while finding a manly use for nail polish
Starter needing some shim to work properly, it would give a nasty chirp from not engaging.
Shimmed and then noticed a clunk. Confirmed with nail polish it was the gao between the starter gear and flywheel. There turns out to be slop in the starter holes for some reason and the starter is a race starter to fit with the long tube headers.
Nail Polish works great to identify metal hitting lol
20140717_102221.jpg

Tightening the bolt extra tight so it doesn't bring the starter gear and fly wheel together and..
20140717_121045.jpg

Time to focus on the samurai so that I can bring in the chevy in the garage as id really like to break more shit on this truck. Lol

That wasn't too bad.
The extractor bit wasnt catching. Ended up putting a bit 1 size smaller in and cranking my drill in reverse.
Actually worked.
20140720_120844.jpg

Then I grinded the starter gear down. Ended up shimming and adjusting my starter to a sweet spot.
After a few test drives and some trial and error I think im in the clear.
20140720_121131.jpg

And den...
Need some bumps in the cheby. I can't stand chopped up dashes or aftermarket cd players in place of the stock am radio.

Been thinking about this set up for some time and have read like crazy about each piece. The goal is a stock looking interior with nice unsuspecting sound
Ordered a bluetooth alpine deck with and an "under the dash install kit" that I will run upside down in the dash. Clever I know ;)
Also self enclosed 3 way speakers that I will run inder the bench. Behind them a pair of "bass shakers" which are vibrating hockey pucks to create bass.
4 channel alpine deck power boosting amp to feed the bass shakers.
Should come in by Friday for a fun install over the weekend

Jealous and inspired!! I'm looking for a early/mid 60's c10 or late 50's Apache. Hard to find one what is original, but not dented or rusted out. I want nice patina and to build the straight six with 3 single barrel, 2 step throttle, carb's!

O ya, apaches are da chit.

I have been researching the next mod. Suspension. I am looking at a 4" drop in the front and 5.5 in the rear. With my current long tubes I have a total of 7" of clearence as it sits:smoker:

Dang deck wont be in untill next week.
O well. I'll still install what I get this week on Saturday.
Here is where the deck will go. Here are the bass shakers as well
20140724_180811.jpg

20140723_180440.jpg

Back