• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jumped ship and Caught a Ride on the Traitor Train

fireLt.

NAXJA Forum User
Soon the YJ's will take over the chapter! Hahahahahaha......
Now you know why I have all these parts for sale.

My new ride.
92 YJ, 4.0, AX15, Atlas 2 speed 5 to 1, Full width HP44 front 5.13's Detroit, Rear 8.8 5.13's Detroit. It's sitting on my 37 Iroks. He kept his tires as part of the deal. Front suspension has been converted to TNT Y Link, rear is on a nice set of Alcans. Hard and soft top.
Wrangler1.jpg

wrangler2.jpg

Last edited:
Plans include,
Extending the wheel base 5-6" by moving the springs back with new mounts.
Tube fenders
Stubby front bumper/winch
Full corner guards cut out for extended wheel base
Install the Rock Jock 60 in the rear
1350 rear driveshaft
Misc maintenance, wiring clean up, etc.

Worked on it yesterday and installed the front bumper/winch. Used a low profile roller fairlead. Started on the tube fenders.
Wrangler3.jpg

Looks awesome man. Depending on your front height I think you'd really love how a set of stock XJ springs SOA will work in the rear. Just add a traction bar.

How did I know my fellow traitor would be the first to reply....

Using your theory, my YJ has XJ suspension so it counts right?

You bought Wally's old rig?

How did I know my fellow traitor would be the first to reply....

Using your theory, my YJ has XJ suspension so it counts right?

Well not really, you haven't done the requisite unibody conversion yet. :D

Why, you're soccer mom Jeep can't handle it. :D

You can ride with me, but we'll still need your Jeep to carry the cooler. Mine doesn't have room for those sort of luxuries. :D

Nice! That YJ sure works well on the trail...can't wait to see what you do with it!

Yes, It's (was)Wallys.

I should explain a bit more why I jumped ship. I wheeled this rig hard from day one 8 years ago. The more I exposed the unibody on my XJ the more cracks I found. A pillars cracked, I cut the top off because of cracks, when I pulled the rear springs both sides were cracked and broken out at the shackles, the rear had been pushed up from dropping it onto ledges a bit too hard a few times. On top of that the rust worms had found there way in places. In short, the body was more work than it's worth. Couple that with wanting to be able to run with or without a top and that's how I ended up with this thing.
I hope you guys will still let me come play.

That's pretty clever; you put square headlights on a TJ so we wouldn't turn our noses up at you.

Please don't insult YJ's like that. We all know that TJ's are the devil and owned primarily by Satan Worshipping Homosexual Al-Queda Sympathisers.

Please don't insult YJ's like that. We all know that TJ's are the devil and owned primarily by Satan Worshipping Homosexual Al-Queda Sympathisers.
Thank you! :jester:

Started out today looking like this...
IMG_2380.jpg

Ended the day looking like this...
IMG_2385.jpg

Insatlled a hydro assist box today...Ram and hoses are on order.
IMG_2381.jpg

Installed the Brown Dog Super Set. Guess what I found on the passenger side..One of the engine side mounts had a broken bolt. That's the same reason I bought them for the Cherokee.
IMG_2383.jpg

Lucky for me it came out easy.
IMG_2384.jpg

Back