• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rig owner builds

Built several of my own and many here. :D

My most recent mod:

001.jpg

It looks like this whole thread was taken the wrong way... possibly. I believe Cherkoeefever was just asking who has built what on there rigs (ie: homemade bumpers, sliders, cages, axles, etc). At least that's the way I took it.

I think it's obvious John works on his own rigs, there's no doubt about it. Cherkeefever was just asking what what he personally built on them.

On another note, I think I read something about that motor swap in some mag recently. :dunno:

It looks like this whole thread was taken the wrong way... possibly. I believe Cherkoeefever was just asking who has built what on there rigs (ie: homemade bumpers, sliders, cages, axles, etc). At least that's the way I took it.

I think it's obvious John works on his own rigs, there's no doubt about it. Cherkeefever was just asking what what he personally built on them.

On another note, I think I read something about that motor swap in some mag recently. :dunno:

Thank you for seeing the light. I was thinking that i needed to reword it or something. It did not go as planned

I believe Cherkoeefever was just asking who has built what on there rigs (ie: homemade bumpers, sliders, cages, axles, etc). At least that's the way I took it.

If that's the way it was meant, then I apologize. The title should have been "What have you fabbed on your rigs?" or "What parts have you built, not bought?" or something OTHER than "Who has built their own rigs?"

:D

I answered the question properly, the OP just didn't quite ask the question he meant to.

this is just funny :) lol

i built my rear bumper w/ tire carrier, fabbed parts onto my "bought" front bumper, moded my "bought" quarter guards to fit tail lights in them, built all my front and rear bumpstops out of stuff i had laying around, "bought" all the parts for my axles and installed them all in my garage, and thats reallly all i have so far. but its definitely not all i have left to do

hope that helps you guys a little bit ;)

nice thread tim lol

Don't sweat it Cherokeefever, it's the internet, things come off wrong all the time on here. :)

Soooo, thread back on track....

1985 cherowagon -

3in rustys lift w/ full leafs
2'' blocks and spacers
d30/35 from an 86 waggy (4.10's) <-- still living in yourconfusedhaha's jeep
no carpet
trimmed fender
thats about it.
IMGP2703.jpg

1988 MJ
3.5'' lift w/ 2'' spacer
SOA (XJ axle), stock leaves, 2'' shackle.
4x4 trans and xfer case.
converted cooling system from closed to open.
honda prelude bucket seats
converted to non tilt colum and floor shift
gauge cluster w/ full gauges.
cut front fenders
getting ready to put a shaved 8.25 with relocated shock mounts
OD green and black paint
DSCF1444.jpg

Not a jeep, but I also built this. '71 F100
DSCF1421.jpg

right now it looks like this.
DSCF1807.jpg

89 XJ limited
Grant wheel/wink mirror
4.0liter out of a 94 zj/aw4/242
Dana 44 w/mini spool and 2xtreme fabbed Diff cover
dana 30 with 297x joints and warn D30 skid
2 1/4" exhaust with flowmurder muffler/k&n filter
OEM skid package
4.5" RC lift packs with MJ shackles
3" RC coils 2" spacers
RC LCAs/Ranch-hoe shocks/TC drop
RC disco's/Trac bar
ZJ steering
Dual diaphram Booster/master out of a 95
On board air with tank

33x14 boggers on 15x10 AR's with Botched fenders
Ghetto bumper with KantCee fog lights
Olive drab/Black paint

kenwood deck
4 6x9 Kickers
Headliner with sound bar out of an 01..
kickass CB with firestik 5" antennae, that nobody can hear me on

IMG_3668.jpg

DSC03863.jpg

I'm cheap so if I can build it to save some cash, I will.

Bumper I built in 06, only $20 for the steel.
PC030070.jpg

PC100128.jpg

P1010187.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010226.jpg

Tank Skid: 3/16 plate I had formed to the contour of the tank. Rings like a church bell when I land on it. :D
P1010014.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010041.jpg

My current winch bumper build. Pics are as of yesterday.
P1010036.jpg

P1010049.jpg

P1010059.jpg

I'm hoping it should be pretty low profile. It only sticks out 3" further than my old one. I still need to angle the sides in, and cut out a few filler pieces for the top.
P1010060.jpg

My "oops" moment when cutting out my grill supports. Sawzall 1 - Radiator 0
P1010034.jpg

I also made a set of rock sliders, and a belly pan modeled after the DPG skid.

I have a few other projects on the to-do list, but since I really don't enjoy fabbing I'll just wheel until I really need to upgrade something.

Well depending on your definition I built everything on my Jeep...that is to say everything other then the goodies in the axles I installed myself. I also fabbed my rear bumper as my first welding project, second to that was welding the frame stiffies on.

I haven't had a shop touch my "Jeep", just some PARTS of the Jeep (I've had a u-joint pressed in for me, my gears/locker were done at John's, window guys put my window in, etc.). I prefer knowing every nut and bolt on my rig so that if something happens I, at the very least, have a darn good idea how to fix whatever happened.

22460_235950297329_701097329_3744220_2231438_n.jpg

~Scott

Nice That`s what i want this tread about just trying to find more people on this site that build there sh** and work on there own sh**. People that know how to fix there stuff when need be. There are some things that you might have an shop do. I had an shop set up my old gears and they lasted an year and an half. Wasted alot of money there and won`t ever by Yukon gears again. That`s the only thing that an shop has done on my jeep. Like where this is going so let`s hear more builds fellow xj brothers

Nice That`s what i want this tread about just trying to find more people on this site that build there sh** and work on there own sh**. People that know how to fix there stuff when need be. There are some things that you might have an shop do. I had an shop set up my old gears and they lasted an year and an half. Wasted alot of money there and won`t ever by Yukon gears again. That`s the only thing that an shop has done on my jeep. Like where this is going so let`s hear more builds fellow xj brothers
yukon's are really good gears i have always an them in my yota's and going to put them in my xj never had any trubs... i suspect somebody who installed them had know clue thats my .02

Back