• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone with HPTuners experience?

Destroyer

NAXJA Forum User
Just checking in to see if anyone has any experience using HPTuners on 99+ XJs? I'll be building a supercharged 4.0 at some point and was looking at options for tuning. I know of the Split Second setup but already own the HP MPVI2 and would prefer to flash the stock ECM depending on what all is accessible via HPT.

Thanks!

Just checking in to see if anyone has any experience using HPTuners on 99+ XJs? I'll be building a supercharged 4.0 at some point and was looking at options for tuning. I know of the Split Second setup but already own the HP MPVI2 and would prefer to flash the stock ECM depending on what all is accessible via HPT.

Thanks!

When I was looking at a upgrade for my 2000 PCM, all I found was the SCT3 and you still needed to provide the programming which led me to - Chris Tuner, Flyin Ryan, and B+G Performance. I ended up sending a new PCM to B+G for their work.

I have experience with the 96 ecu with a turbocharger application. It is not straight forward like say DSM link but with an experienced JTEC tuner it is very capable. You are limited to 2bar.

I am working on some pnp megasquirt and speeduino JTEC harnesses in the near future.

Sorry for the silence, I did manage to get my MPVI2 back in action and read my 2001 with the Beta Editor software. From what I can see there is a decent amount of tuning abilities with the 01 computer. I have read issues with phantom codes (p0700 specifically) after flashing but those were some time back with no updates, so I have not actually flashed my 01 yet due to emissions coming up.

Sorry for the silence, I did manage to get my MPVI2 back in action and read my 2001 with the Beta Editor software. From what I can see there is a decent amount of tuning abilities with the 01 computer. I have read issues with phantom codes (p0700 specifically) after flashing but those were some time back with no updates, so I have not actually flashed my 01 yet due to emissions coming up.

If you unplug your TCM when you do the flash, it won't set the P0700 code. :cheers:

Back