• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

road course, autocross, canyon carver. bought from god.

Watching bikes run there is unreal to me. I'll stick w 4 tires thank you

Mind you I have 0 formal education for the track.
I started analyzing my speeds into turns and mentally keeping track. I am starting to memorize the track.
For example I increased from 50-55mph up to 80mph in turn one (it's scary) . I did this by staying in higher gears 4/5th in the track.
This allowed me to take turns at higher speeds more calmly and focus on staying smooth through my lines.

I timed myself in the last session today. 2:10 in the saturn at pmi.
That is 1 second faster than an experienced friend driving a lancer (non turbo)

I know I have much more time to shave. Goal is sub 2 second saturn around pmi
I have struts, springs, rotors, pads and a rear ant sway bar to assist along with a ton of planned track time.

Last edited:
Braking into turn one used to be my weakness. I was always trail braking waaayyyy deep into it. I can't remember that track very well at all. It used to be pretty rough though if I remember right?

My area of opportunity is the last section of the course. I would have ran a 2:05 with all my best sections selected. 3.2gs at 60mph
Screenshot_2014-10-27-06-11-45.png

Screenshot_2014-10-27-06-22-06.png

Braking into turn one used to be my weakness. I was always trail braking waaayyyy deep into it. I can't remember that track very well at all. It used to be pretty rough though if I remember right?

Ya bro, the deal about turn 1 is that it's a long winded bitch with a real late apex.

Ya. I was always having to back into the turn in order to prevent from diving in too early. Drop two gears and feather the clutch, booty walks right out. Doesn't do much for keeping a line though :roflmao:

Back