• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oh Geez

Hmm, no who has one of those? :)

I know it's a small car but you should make the cage out of 1.5" minimum.

Cage will be 1.5 DOM... I am gunna make some strut braces and some gussets out of the 1". Do you have your dies or are they with the skinny fire guy?

Are the struts adjustbale at this point? (camber/caster?) Might be fun to play with those two numbers - specifically caster - and make sure the strut braces helps keep it in place. Or make it adjustable.

I might have them. Hard to say really. :)

My Rabbit loved -2deg caster up front for cornering, but the tires hated it.

On a rwd car like that about 1-1.5deg neg caster would probably do nicely for corner exit traction.

Traction is kinda spotty with these tires... Sometimes it will hold a nice curve in high speeds, others it will slide easy at 40 or so. Once modifications ever start I will get it aligned and be able to play with that stuff.
Dutch... May I please borrow your 1" die?

Caster is a non tire wearing adjustment (for normal road use) in hard cornering it does change wear patterns but you'll get same results driving hard. Playing with front Caster can make it enter and exit corners differently. Adjusting alignment is a very simple and cheap modification that can put other mods on backburner. Just food for thought.

Soory, I meant camber. I have no idea why I typed caster. I'll blame it on my iphone's autocorrect feature.

I don't dave, i'm not sure I like the idea of loaning out my tools to help somebody work on a miata. Seems like it would ruin the tool. :D

I think you need to turn it in, along with your man card after buying the miata. :D

I've got drill this weekend but you're more than welcome to borrow the 1" die.

Made some perches and welded them in for the cage. Starting to figure out how these cars work. My mom wants me to paint it the same green as my jeep. I think that with some black rims would look sweet. black cage and other accents too. speaking of cage. Tube begins tomorrow.
DUTCH! Pm me your number. david needs die soonish =)

Trade that roller skate for something cool.....

This guy wants a Miata! :thumbup:

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/2958442009.html

1987 Jeep Truck Baja Sale or Trade

5Lf5Ga5Hc3Kb3L93Mbc4e4d84532ca56b19c7.jpg

5La5Kc5H63G53I93Mbc4e82da120b49991808.jpg

Troy- I got this so I dont have to drive a jeep everyday.

Built a roll bar. Ran out of metal (1.5" .120 DOM), when I get more I will be doing door bars (so it will be a 6 point) some bars through the trunk for stiffness and saftey, some crossbracing for what I have already done, and then some strut braces. Thing is much stiffer now! Looks better with black rims!
1ou8ms.jpg

fammw7.jpg

9lczth.jpg

343jitz.jpg

2eppw5z.jpg

208abtj.jpg

34gr975.jpg

When strapped in, how much clearance do you hace over your head? (ie how much room of protection did ya get?)
I imagine the soft top limits ya some?

there is no way for my head or my dads head to possibly come in contact with it. I had a tall buddy ~6'7" and his head was above the bar, but couldnt come in contact with it because its far back. With the top up the hoop sits at the very top of the window on the fabric. Tight but perfect fit with the most room I have seen in a miata roll bar.

No no no. I knew I didnt make sense. I meant if you flip it, how much room does the bar give you before your melon hits?

oh depending how well the window would hold I have plenty of room ~half a foot. I am short! When ls1 goes in i will finish the cage forward making it taller in the cockpit area.

Back