• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

CRAP! Rubicon trip. HELP!

2MUD-IN

NAXJA Forum User
Well, a couple of guys from Missouri were coming out to do the Rubicon starting Monday of next week. After much discussion on this NAXJA board, it was decided to run from Loon Lake to Cadillac Hill, and back to Loon Lake...then hopefully off to Fordyce.

The problem is that everyone has backed out, and I am suppose to leave this Friday. So, I have taken time off work, planned to pick up my brother in Colorado on the way out to California (he took off work too), and now nobody else is going.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY don't want to wheel the Rubicon by myself (or any other trail for that matter), considering the carnage factor, and CRASH's latest writeup on Fordyce. (which I also would like to do while I'm out there).

ANYWAY, long story short, is there anyone in your NAXJA chapter that would like to run the Rubicon this Monday and Tuesday? I'm leaving the St. Louis area on Friday, and plan to be at the Rubicon trailhead on Monday morning. I've built my rig to do this, and I know some of you have seen it on previous posts.

If anyone is available on any days next week, I would love to run some trails with you. Plan is to do Rubicon and Fordyce Monday through Thursday. If we get done early, or the trails don't take this long to complete, then we may do some other trails out there, or pack up and hit a couple of trails in Colorado, or Moab on the way back. My main objective is to do the Rubicon...every Midwestern Jeeper's dream :party:

Thanks in advance. Please feel free to contact me anytime...even if I'm on the road. My cell number is 314-808-6730. I don't know what my coverage will be from here to there, so if I don't answer, please leave a message with your number.

Thank you,

Eric Schaper
Midwest Jeepthing
http://www.midwestjeepthing.com/member/memberride_display.asp?rideid=24

73569060gfruHe_ph.jpg

Damn, man, your friends are hosing you! Wish I could help......

CRASH

Ya, but I am coming anyway. I have been looking forward to this since January, and I'm not going to cancel now. Maybe I can hook up with some miscellaneous people at the trail head. I'd rather not count on that...and that is why I posted my situation..I would rather KNOW I have others coming.

Plus, it would be great to wheel with other XJ'ers. But at this late juncture, I'd wheel with 'yotas, scouts, or anything else that has 4x4 and knows the trails.

There are always people on the 'Con.

Did you post on Pirates yet? There is a Rubicon forum over there, you know, and it gets a fair amount of traffic.

CRASH

I have Pirate listed on my "Favorites", and didn't even think about posting there, or looking at that forum.

Thanks again!

Shit. I am trying to clear my calendar, but I can't leave Marni by herself right now. There might be something that I can pull off. Do you have good directions to the trailhead at Loon? Post on Gen4x4 and the Rubicon forums on the pirate board. There is almost always somebody up there.

SeanP

Well, I'm leaving in an hour. For those of you ready to wheel on Monday and Tuesday, give me a call on my cell so we can hook up.

Eric
314-808-6730.

Back