• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi, first timer

mschillingii

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hello, first timer here. Not only will this be my first naxja event, but my first time to Attica/badlands so I need to know what to expect?
I'm bringing my bus and my jk (sorry my XJ is a street princess and was told that I could bring my jk since that's what I wheel) I tried to reserve a camp spot but it wouldn't let me, assuming can't do that till Jan 1st?
What day do most get there? Anything I should know to bring other than my basic survival stuff?
Do I need to buy actual tickets to the event?

Thanks guys /gals ~tj

Thanks for your interest.

First, the JK will be fine to wheel as long as it's properly equipped with a few safety items that are listed in the sticky at the top of the forum, if you have any questions on that, feel free to ask.

2nd, I'm not sure about reservations for the campground, I haven't looked at their site to see if it's taking reservations for 2019 yet. I will be calling them in the next week or so to chat about camping things and event things. There will be plenty of room for your bus, so don't worry about it filling up this early.

Most people get there Thursday afternoon/evening and wheel on Friday and Saturday and then leave on Sunday. A few folks will be there on Wednesday, and some will wheel Sunday and leave Sunday evening depending on how far away they live. We have an unofficial get together on Thursday usually at Robbies, a restaurant in town, then we have a Friday night potluck, and Saturday evening we conclude the event with dinner and raffle.

There will be lots more information coming in the next few weeks/months about the event, I will post an itinerary in the not to distant future as well. Usually by January a lot of information is official, we try to get the dates announced early so people can plan their work schedules.

There will also be an event pre-registration that will open at least by January. That will give you the opportunity to purchase the event package, shirts, stickers and whatever other swag that is available for the event, including raffle tickets.

Thanks for your interest and can't wait to meet you there.

mac 'usually there's some mud...but don't let that scare you' gyvr

Thanks for the info, I'll keep following these post for everything.
I know a few parks won't let you reserve until the beginning of a year, I just like to get all my ducks in a row.
And my jk has all safety stuff and a few more, it'll hang lol.
Can't wait!

FB_IMG_1541983578667.jpg

Introduce yourself!! The best way to get to know us is to hang out w us. (You May regret it, lol).

It’s a big event, lots of people, jump in and don’t be shy.

Back