• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 door pin help

OUTKAST INC.

NAXJA Forum User
new to theforum , couldnt find what i need in the search , sure this has been covered but please give me a hand finding , the hinge pins are shot on my 96 4door xj country , wondering about replacement pins . where to get , size , etc and help apreciated thanks

I've been looking for hinge pins myself. I guess the 1/4" bolt takes makes up the diameter of the stock pin + bushings?

The dealer has just the pins but they are just roll pins so they are susceptible to failure. It would only be a little more work to take off the door and drill it to 1/4" like southernrebel20 said.

I am going thru this same issue, my lower driver door pin broke. I took door off, took half of hinge to festenal, got 1/4 in. X 2 1/4 shoulder bolt. I got back home and the 1/4 in. bolt is to small for other half of hinge without bushing. I am thinking drill out the door half of hinge and go with bigger shoulder bolt, thinking 5/16, maybe 3/8, not quite got that far

When i did my doorless mod i just tack welded a bolt with a large shank in and cut the threaded part off

Back