• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's Jeep that will take longer than Rob's to build thread...

you never popped it into 2 low with that fancy tcase? or pivot around a tree, i have no issues with my spool

Even while doing front digs, the spool still drags like a bitch. Not to mention the front locker sounds even worse.

You'd rather have a welded front diff...?

Just keep the lockrite. It's obviously still working fine.

Yup, no real difference then when Im on the trail and the locker is locked up. Id rather sell it to make a few bucks to put towards the ARB. I'm gunna pop the cover one of these days and check it out. The gaps and stuff were good when I built the axle so I dunno.

Been wheeling and junk. Feels nice to beat on it for a few days straight and not have any problems. Just did 3 days up at F&F for NAC's Rocktoberfest, jeep did pretty well. Of course the muddy rocks and giant holes keep making me want some newer 4D's. And I keep going back and forth with this LS1 I now having laying around.

sovoee.jpg

2janur4.jpg

hv0z81.jpg

kf5he9.jpg

219xoj7.jpg

169rs5d.jpg

ws0h84.jpg

Also traded a HP60 I had laying around for there, 14" Sway-A-Way 2.0 coilovers. Length should work out perfect to go on the hoops in place of the 7100's. Time to start keeping an eye open for a deal on 8 joints to build a rear 4 link. Gotta borrow some scales from my boss to get some corner weights to figure out springs and junk.

15cf0w6.jpg

Also traded a HP60 I had laying around for there, 14" Sway-A-Way 2.0 coilovers. Length should work out perfect to go on the hoops in place of the 7100's. Time to start keeping an eye open for a deal on 8 joints to build a rear 4 link. Gotta borrow some scales from my boss to get some corner weights to figure out springs and junk.

15cf0w6.jpg

you sell 7100's yet

Last edited:
Probably won't be happening for awhile, I wanna do a couple of things at the same time. Rear 4 link, new cross members/belly pan, new rear floor, cool truss on the 14b. Ideally I'd like to have 4D's to go with it too but I should already be pretty well bumped and setup for them.

Sweet build man, nice work!

Gone out a couple of times so far.

ih8i9y.jpg

235i4p.jpg

262lgdh.jpg

11mc9q0.jpg

Had an oops.

dfgcnt.jpg

And then another oops.

wa64cn.jpg

Two flops in three weeks on the DS A-pillar. First time wasn't to bad, mostly dirt so it wasn't too rough. Second flopped landed on a rock right in the middle of the A-pillar, dented and pushed the cage in a little bit, pushed the stock pillar in and smashed the windshield too. Doors stopped working good and I decided to cut them off. removed the stock B-pillars and started over with some tube and 2dr door skins to fill everything in.

25tuhhv.jpg

309sfmb.jpg

2la4z7r.jpg

25su4c1.jpg

kdmvjt.jpg

11brm7p.jpg

bf3xhd.jpg

I have just enough tube left to build a cowl spreader bar and a pair of windshield bars. After that I'll leave it alone again. Have most of the parts for the rear 4 link, still need to find all the joints. Also been looking for some 4D's.

That looks awesome. Way less trash.

Back