• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab, itchin' for a snow run.

DigJeepsBrah

NAXJA Forum User
Figured I'd be out aerating and fertilizing this week but apparently we're getting snow.

So I'm going to go play in it before it disappears for the season.

I gotta keep it close(cheap), we put damn near 1,000 miles on Rocky in 6 days during our trip to Moab last week. Anyone know if Rampart Range Road is open? I know it typically opens this month I just haven't been down there yet, as it's not real far and there's other trails off of 67 if it is closed... Seems the systems down there are pretty tame and pretty short.

If not, I'm just gonna do my go-to get out of town enjoy being in the woods Slaughterhouse run.. Quick, easy, fun, close...

I still have to unpack my rig slightly, so it won't be first thing in the morning. Maybe 10:30ish.

If you're interested let me know. :wave: I'm going either way. :clap:

Sunova' witch...

Jeffco schools just called to say that they're closing down my stepdaughter's school tomorrow.. So unless my lady's work does the same thing I might be obligated to babysit the entire day... Where's the shoot myself in the head emoticon?

It's just too bad she's such a bummer to try to do.. well.. anything with. Especially wheeling. The one and only 4 wheel drive trip she's been with us she literally cried the entire way... :huh:

What 7 year old doesn't like the woods and cars doing things out of the ordinary?

Probly something to do with a lack of mindless entertainment that comes in the form of lcd screens.

/edit

FOUND IT!!!!

smiley_emoticons_selbstmord.gif

Last edited:
What 7 year old doesn't like the woods and cars doing things out of the ordinary?
YOU have to change that.. If my 7 year old cried on a light trip to the snow.. I'd throw away every TV in the house and take him/her Every day..

:wave:

YOU have to change that.. If my 7 year old cried on a light trip to the snow.. I'd throw away every TV in the house and take him/her Every day..

:wave:

Dude, it sounds bad but I've given up on trying to get her to see my side of anything... She's got a Dad, it's split custody every other week... Her mother and father have done a subpar job up to this point obviously and I'm not here to clean up their mess... I've been trying now for two years with little to no change, everything we try to instill in her while she's with us is undone by the time she gets back from her father's.

She completely lacks basic manners, public behavioral etiquette, any common sense, if she's awake she absolutely must be entertained every minute of the day, if she's not getting the attention she's wanting she's loud, or acts out, or plays things up to get people worked up... It's crazy how young manipulation is programmed into women(thanks Disney). Truly a messed up psychology because of the compounded issues of being an only child and having your parents divorce each other when you're 4 years old...

I personally think her Mom and Dad just need to step up to the plate and start being parents.

Sorry, I'm ranting really bad. It would be a different story if I had a 7 year old son. That little dude and me would be cruisin' dirt scoots tomorrow. He'd for sure be a little dirt junky like his old man.. I don't think I'm going to bother with kids of my own though. This step fathering experience has really turned me off of the whole idea. My lady is 8 years older than me anyway... She really wants another one... I am going to keep letting that ol' clock tick. Hasta

Wow.. Tomorrow is going to suck hard now.

I just went from complete and absolute freedom and 80 degree sunny days in Moab.. To sitting in a living room all day while I wait to shovel more snow while simultaneously babysitting a drunk midget. Oops, I mean a 7 year old girl.:clap:

Agreed, some point in time we should wheel and toss back some brews. I've been itching to get out there but struggling with financial BS at the moment, can't afford the gas! Soon though...

Agreed, some point in time we should wheel and toss back some brews. I've been itching to get out there but struggling with financial BS at the moment, can't afford the gas! Soon though...

God dude, tell me about it.

Gas alone pushed us way over budget for the Moab trip...

I think I might try to get out Sunday.

jesus christ dude, i might be a dick to people on here sometimes, but you are a straight up asshole. I feel bad for that little girl, first for her situation you have described up to this poin, and second for having a piece of crap stepdad. I would never say anything like that about my stepdaughter, let alone type it online for everyone to read, and if i did my lady would have my bags packed and waiting for me when i got home from work. Step up and be a dad, or step out of the situation, you are molding her life whether you think you still can or not

jesus christ dude, i might be a dick to people on here sometimes, but you are a straight up asshole. I feel bad for that little girl, first for her situation you have described up to this poin, and second for having a piece of crap stepdad. I would never say anything like that about my stepdaughter, let alone type it online for everyone to read, and if i did my lady would have my bags packed and waiting for me when i got home from work. Step up and be a dad, or step out of the situation, you are molding her life whether you think you still can or not

All things considered you don't know shit about the situation. When you do I'll be glad to hear your opinion about it.

It's not my place to be her father. She's got one. She sees him every other week all week. My place it to balance her mother's ying, with my yang. Because as stated previously both of her biological parents have failed her to this point. (example; Both her parents hating each other, fighting all the time while she's 0-4 years old. So both of them being too selfish and concerned with how much they hate the other that the daughter and her needs got pushed to the back burner. Then after the divorce both Mom and Dad are soo concerned with trying to get another relationship starting and doing themselves again since they just got out of a marriage that their daughter suffered even more back burner syndrome. Now at least because of me she feels like she has a real family again that gives a shit about her, instead of two self serving parents.) ..........Please, tell me again what a piece of shit I am.

Why's she have an interest in rocks, fossils, animals, outside, reading, bike riding, fishing, anything other than boxed entertainment? oh.. me.

I taught her how to ride a bike on our first family vacation to vail, got her interested in fossils, rocks, and minerals taking her to Dinosaur ridge. Got her interested in camping, bought her all her current outdoor gear, snow pants, snow jacket, back pack, high end sleeping bag, etc, etc.. I make her lunches in the morning and pick her up from school... Take her to play disc golf all the time, teach her how to cook stuff for herself, help teach her how to read cause her parents apparently thought that that was the school's job and they didn't need to help. Taught her the math of coins and money, teaching her how to save.. All shit her real parents couldn't do for her.

Just how the hell is it my fault that her real parents don't teach her values or discipline bro? Tell me that. I figure it's not my place anymore to be this father figure cause her REAL GOD DAMN PARENTS aren't even helping the process along. They're continuing to reward bad behavior and poor decision making.

I've only been here for two of her seven years on this planet. Everyone is glad I am. I'm just getting sick of picking up after other people's mistakes is all.

I can point out all the behavioral inequalities in anyone I want at any point in time. Especially when they're actively making my life more challenging.

Excuse me for being critical of the children, and parents of said children who will be running this country when we're shitting ourselves in wheelchairs.

Last edited:
You know, it's just like all those ass hole republican conservatives talking about "pro life"

Yeah, what a joke. When some of these political hustlers have been a single parent raising a couple kids on minimum wage I'd be glad to hear their side of the story.

But honestly, if you don't.

Shut the **** up.

Let a man vent, jesus christ.

Might wanna check your nose for shit, you're up my ass pretty good bro.

Last edited:
I would never say anything like that about my stepdaughter

Yeah, cause that's what the world needs. More people living in miserable silence. It's easy to say "Oh, I love my step daughter." and really not give a shit. It's different to see and try to correct behavior to help her be a positive, successful person one day. A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone and beyond that neither did venting on an internet forum.

Yeah... I'm the asshole...

You know?

Everyone's situation is different, too. Like I know for a fact if the real father isn't in the picture it's a lot damn easier to take over a fatherly role. It's a different deal when the kid's gone every other week for a week at a time with her real father. He's a real piece of work by the way. You know, and the children's age when you enter their life, and how you're taken by them, and if there's jealousy over attention from Mom from the kid with you around or whatever.. There are a million different variables in this scenario.

But you sir, have no place to judge me. (especially for venting to what I thought were peers who wouldn't judge me) You literally go out of your way to find ways to attack me. Doesn't matter what the hell I post, you'll find something negative to say about it.

but I'm the asshole... quite frankly sir, you can **** yourself. You are a shit disturber. The worst kind of ass hole. The keyboard warrior sitting behind his computer screen talking shit to everyone. You're obviously really happy and people should heed what you have to say. Well adjusted people pull this kind of juvenile behavior all the time. Clearly you're something really special and I bet your shit doesn't stink at all.

....Tell me again how interesting and perfect your life is.

Fwiw RR is closed for spring meltoff and will likely open in a few weeks when things dry out. There is a good likely hood you can find your way into some of the RR areas but you will be fined heavily if busted.

Fwiw RR is closed for spring meltoff and will likely open in a few weeks when things dry out. There is a good likely hood you can find your way into some of the RR areas but you will be fined heavily if busted.

I wouldn't be much of an ambassador for stay the trail if I went mudding during closed run off season.. Regardless of being caught :nono:

Thanks for the heads up. I knew the trails were closed to motorcycles. Just didn't know if the 4x4 stuff was the same deal or not, and may have just cruised the length of RR south to go play somewhere else.. I hate I-25.

But now I know. Thanks again.

Ya I was saying that more as a "There may not be chains or fences closing off access, but it IS closed" kind of statement. Not inviting breaking the rules. :thumbup:

Be tea dub,
you two are starting to sound like me and flores back in the day.
Calm down, buy each other a beer and hang out. itll be alright. promise.

Ya I was saying that more as a "There may not be chains or fences closing off access, but it IS closed" kind of statement. Not inviting breaking the rules. :thumbup:

Oops, I guess that came across that way. LoL, I wouldn't think of you as someone inviting that kind of trail behavior. I don't think anyone here would advocate that kind of nonsense. I want these trails here next year too. I think we can all agree with that. Regardless of the differences of views some of us may have.

:cheers:

Soo.. I'm thinking of making a trip to Chinawall Sunday.

and I try hard not to cause drama, but I do have a problem not responding to it. I obviously need to work on that.

I'd also really like to extend the invite to proracedriver, is his name Seth? (seath row?)

Wheel Chinawall Sunday?

Let me buy you a beer afterwards dude, I think we got off on the wrong foot.

Forget this internet dick swinging bullshit. I want people to wheel with.

Hey man I may have poked fun at you before, but just know its not you exclusively, and yesterday reading what you wrote kinda struck a nerve in me as im in a similar situation(stepdad). I havent met you yet and dont have anything against you, were all here cause we love jeeps and wheeling. I really appreciate the invite, i would come wheel with you guys....but im leaving monday morning for a week in moab:laugh3:

Back