• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bill Moore / Mill Creek run. Sat. 10th

Skully

NAXJA Forum User
Need to accomplish two things; 1.) shakedown for all the changes in the Heepie since last year, 2.) my youngest boy's 1st wheeling trip: taking the WHOLE family: all five of us!

Plan is meet 9:30ish Saturday at the Starbucks off of Downieville Exit and go up to Empire, Hit Bill Moore all the way to the lake; eat lunch, then shoot down to Mill Creek site see the Empire Hilton and head home.

Bill Moore is simple, Mill Creek offers some minor increase in the trail rating but nothing hardcore.

I can go alone but rather have someone join if they want. Not looking for anything too large.

I'd be down for a family run, I have a jeepful of 5 also. Did this trail last year and absolutely loved it.
I need to check the schedule for sure but I am a strong possibilty.

I'd be down for a family run, I have a jeepful of 5 also. Did this trail last year and absolutely loved it.
I need to check the schedule for sure but I am a strong possibilty.

My oldest has driving class on Saturday for 4 hrs. and that may interfere with this trip for me. I am going to see if Grandma can take her.

Hmmmm.... Found out Jenn doesn't dance til Sunday. This would be a good shakedown run before BV. I will let you know.

That would be cool!

I changed the trail after speaking to you cause I as thinking; Plane Crash the fun part is hiking to the crash sight and I have a non-walker at the moment. That would suck!

Jenny creek is short and sweet but I wanted some place where we could stop and smell the flowers for lunch.

I think I'll join in on this run. Bill Moore (along with Red Elephant) was the first trail I ever ran in Colorado, but never made it to the lake due to the snow.

Still ago yes J9 you are welcome, not doing Red Elephant just for the time aspect, the wifey has to work that night so I got to get back home by 5pm so she can nap.

BYOL (Bring your own lunch.)

Like I said 9:30ish at the downieville exit. Gas, starbucks, and burger king.

Those in northern denver if you want to meet at 8:30ish at the king soopers at the corner of Wadsworth and 104th/church ranch and caravan up? I will be taking the back roads; Hwy92, then up 72/119 to I-70......

Last edited:
I am all set and ready to go! Who is all joining tomorrow?

I already talked to XJboy, but; FLingshot, J9, XcastleXJ, Beezle, you peeps going and if yes you meeting XJboy and I at the King Soopers to caravan up the hill or meeting at he Downieville exit?

Last edited:
Back