• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Back from Moab, itchin' for a snow run.

Hey man I may have poked fun at you before, but just know its not you exclusively, and yesterday reading what you wrote kinda struck a nerve in me as im in a similar situation(stepdad). I havent met you yet and dont have anything against you, were all here cause we love jeeps and wheeling. I really appreciate the invite, i would come wheel with you guys....but im leaving monday morning for a week in moab:laugh3:

Ah, yeah. I didn't wheel the weekend before I went to Moab either. Seemed like bad juju!

Next time man.. Hit me up when ya'll get back. We'll make a day.

Have a good time in Moab. The weather is gorgeous. Try Elephant Hill just so you can see what a beast it is since EJS went through there. I about lost it on the first ledge that goes to the left it's a two and a half foot undercut. Video that shiz and show us how it's done, cause I sat there and stacked for a while before I fell off the far right side and got too freaked out to try it again. I couldn't figure out how to get up it man. :dunno:

Hit up the Rio and say hi to John from Dustin and Kelly.. We lost my lady's wallet the last night we were there and he ended up covering our tab for us (only like 25 bucks) we just sent him a check in the mail to cover it.

Good times man. I can not wait to go back in October. With a front locker and 33's.

and trail spares.. Must.. Harvest.. Spare.. Parts... :twak:

Sorry, I type a lot.

Anyway, thanks for the response, have a good time. Let us bury this invisible hatchet. Hit me up sometime for a wheeling trip and a beer. :cheers:

Glad you two can see eye to eye! It is a difficult situation to be in.

On another note, Wheeling! I haven't mentioned it to my lady yet but I am thinking of the China Wall trip on sunday. We are doing a show tomorrow, first time showing at the Denver Handmade Homemade market. We've been working hard this week, I deserve to go wheeling right? She deserves some time outside of the house as well, so hopefully I can convince her to go sunday if we do well at this show. Are you planning on bringing your lady with? That would be another thing to help convince her to come, maybe they can talk about what idiots we are dumping money into our XJs? Anyways, hopefully I can join you sunday.

Sounds awesome dude. If my lady comes it's a package deal with the 7 year old.

Anyone else got kids?

By the way, squirrelie, there's another dude that's going to do Chinawall with us Sunday. YAMAMAHARAY has a new long arm kit to try out. He's down with going down sedalia into deckers too it seems. My lady is down she says. Unless her or the squirt get any sicker. Seems this wind is blowing in some crud that doesn't agree with them. So use those bargaining chips! Come out with us! Of course you deserve it. What do you all sell?

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1098887&page=2

What time you guys heading out? I have work at 7 am but should only take about an hour...(crossing fingers)...

I will probably end up dragging the SWMBO with me if I can make it.

What time you guys heading out? I have work at 7 am but should only take about an hour...(crossing fingers)...

I will probably end up dragging the SWMBO with me if I can make it.

Ummm.. I'm thinking we could come together to figure out a time. If it makes the difference for you and you wanna roll with us I don't have a problem making it later. The weather is supposed to get exponentially crappier as the day rolls on. Thus I canceled my plans to ride Sunday.

Would you wanna roll out of town with us or meet us at the trail head? What times seam reasonable to you? I know YAMAMARAY said the earlier the better. I don't know if he was counting on good weather Sunday to handle some other stuff later that day or what. Is 10:00 too late for everyone? I'm going to make a new thread for this.

/edit

What is an SWMBO?

Last edited:
I would be leaving from hampden and I 25, so, since it sounds like your guys are taking a scenic route, i would prefer caravan. I don't wanna take I25 and end up waiting or vice versa.

She Who Must Be Obeyed, aka the wife...

I think a good meetup location would be in Sedalia, Or somewhere around 470/santa fe area, and I just showed this thread to the Girl, she was laughing her ass off!

LoL.

Umm.. Other than a gas station and a taco bell there's not much @ Santa Fe and C470.

We could meet at the Sedalia Bar and Grill, but they won't be open, and no coffee.. 470 and kipling is out of your way though.. Shoot, nevermind. There's a starbucks down Santa Fe South of C-470 about a half mile or so on the East side.. By a Wendy's.

That work for everyone?

Last edited:
And Starbucks on South Santa Fe sounds like a plan, any ideas on a time, I know you said you would like to be on the trail by 10 or so, which would make for an early start, say 8am or so? Coffee!

Back