• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need pics of flex, 35" or 36" tires w/7" lift

goin4wheelin

NAXJA Forum User
i'm thinking on goin big again... maybe not, wife not allowed but i'm just curious on how it look and what combo you got on it.
i'm planning on running a set of 35 but saw a set of 36 on sale and it's on a steal.
what i got right now on my jeep's;
4.56 f/r
d30 w/ 267 joints
f8.8
stock drivetrain.
if i run 35/36, what will i break first in the trail and what go next, and next......

reason why i'm planning to go big, i look like a p@ser when park on a rodeo show, but i'm the only xj around all the tjs, yjs, yotas and some hybird will 36 and up to 42. damm the 42 look sweet on a sahara park next to me. i'm only run 33 so mine look like a low-rider to them.

Last edited:
here ya go... also follow this link there's a couple more... http://www.strokersjeep.com/NAC-FEST__03.html
I'm running 36x12.50 TSL/SX's
me_flex_5.jpg

goin4wheelin said:

d30 w/ 267 joints

So do you have 297's or 260's? hmm..:)

I would say either way, the u-joint in those axle will be the most broken part with the larger tires. There will definitely be other things...rear axles of the 8.8 if you hammer hard enough, front axle shafts before u-joints, driveshaft parts, etc. It depends on the situation you are in really, but my vote will go for the u-joint, 260 or 297....297 are a much better bet to hold them though.

Back